where has my siggy gone?

swtgi1982

It has just vanished! Help! I tried to edit it and it is still there but not showing up

now it works but my tickers will not work

ADS

NannyMom

You might want to give it one more tweak. ;)

Signatures must be less than 240 pixels tall, including all text, images, and tickers. Yours is 216 tall for the pic alone. You were probably fine without the ticker. Please see this thread for more info regarding the guidelines.

Was this before her ticker was next to the picture? Or are they only showing up side by side for me?

Pixels

It depends on your screen width, whether they are stacked or side by side. When I had Firefox on half width, they were stacked. When I maximized the window, they're side by side. Her siggy is 714x250.

swtgi1982

My soggy has been there for three months and was still yesterday now today gone and nothing changed until this afternoon when I just put the text up that was in the tickers will have to try to put them back later

andre149

My ticker is gone... I noticed it was before I uploaded the picture... but then I uploaded a picture too. I'm wondering if it's not a problem with the ticker site though, I can't even get alterna-tickers to load. Anyone else's ticker just gone?

ETA: Before I added the picture but after my ticker was gone I checked and the HTML for the ticker was the same as before, nothing deleted or changed

mish

I like siggies, I really do. But is there any chance of having the limit lowered. It seems like when people have their siggie at the largest it can be it is huge. I might be the only one who feels this way and am running away to hide from the people that are going to get angry.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I don't think they will be lowered, but we definitely try to make sure the combined height of images do not exceed 240 pixels. You can also turn signatures completely off in your User CP, it opens up a lot of space for reading! Even with signatures on, the existing limits do tend to make them so that they don't take up 90% of a thread, as is often the case on some other community websites.

mish

I know you can turn them off, but I do enjoy them. They just take up so much space when they are full size.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I agree that the current limits are huge. Great when you're at home with a large monitor, sucky when you use a mobile device. A few of the sigs on this page take up HALF the height of my iPad screen, can't even imagine the screen real estate they'd take up on a BlackBerry, iPhone, etc. And if I turn siggies off, then I have to go turn them on again when I'm on my home computer which gets to be a pain. And if you keep them off all the time, when you ask someone their child's age/weight/height you always gets comments, "in their sig it says blah, blah" like you were an idiot or something for not reading their sig. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC