Okay, what IS the difference between the Marathon 70 and the Blvd 70?

Eresh

They look slightly different but their specifications seem to be identical. What is the difference and why is the Boulevard $30 more?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Boulevard:
britax-boulevard-70-cowmooflage-E9LB51A.jpg

Marathon:
Marathon+70+Convertible+Car+Seat+in+Cowmooflage.jpg

It's a subtle difference.

Wendy

emtb79

Marathon has side impact protection, Boulevard has True side impact protection. Dont ask me what the difference is between the wording I dont know.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Deeper side wings around the head, lined with energy absorbing foam. Theoretically, the closer and larger the protection around the head, the better. Does that translate to a significant real world safety advantage? No one knows, but it can't hurt.

just some more food for thought. .. my little sister is far more content and doesn't complain in the Roundabout 50 (very similar to the MA) . She doesn't like the headwings on the BLVD as they obstruct her vision. They also push her head forward and she's visually not as comfortable.

One other thing is that she gets car sick in the BLVD once a week or so and has never once been car sick in the RA50/RA. I am thinking that the headwings could be the reason.... she is constantly leaning forward to see out the window and then gets sick. I know that when people can't see out of a vehicle they can get motion sicknes
s.

skylinphoto

just some more food for thought. .. my little sister is far more content and doesn't complain in the Roundabout 50 (very similar to the MA) . She doesn't like the headwings on the BLVD as they obstruct her vision. They also push her head forward and she's visually not as comfortable.

One other thing is that she gets car sick in the BLVD once a week or so and has never once been car sick in the RA50/RA. I am thinking that the headwings could be the reason.... she is constantly leaning forward to see out the window and then gets sick. I know that when people can't see out of a vehicle they can get motion sicknes
s.

I never thought about the headwings being a problem with carsickness!!! My dd gets carsick (so sick of cleaning vomit out of carseats). She was in a Recaro Signo with headwings. I just switched her to our new RA50. I hope it will make a difference for my kid like it did with your little sister! Fingers crossed.

I never thought about the headwings being a problem with carsickness!!! My dd gets carsick (so sick of cleaning vomit out of carseats). She was in a Recaro Signo with headwings. I just switched her to our new RA50. I hope it will make a difference for my kid like it did with your little sister! Fingers crossed.

I could be wrong but I think it makes sense and seems true for Olivia. One little boy I took care of would get horribly car sick if he sat outboard. He was 10 at the time and would always have to sit in the center back seat of the SUV so he could see out straight ahead. The interesting thing is that Olivia consistently gets sick in the BLVD in my mom's car which is a Toyota Sequoia with tinted windows and she has been in my car a few times per week her whole life always in the SS1/RA/RA50 and has never puked. She never puked in the SS1 from birth to 8 months in the Sequoia either. Everything does seem to point to the BLVD but it could still be a coincidence. ..who knows.

But yeah... cleaning toddler puke out of a seat is pretty much worse than anything. I have a strong stomach but ugh, I am SO over it. It is of course my duty because no one else knows how to clean/assemble/install... pathetic, I know. I've tried to give a RA50 to my mom but she loves the Megan BLVD cover and thinks my theory is wacko like everything else I tell her about seats.... sigh.

Eresh

Huh ... my son hasn't gotten car sick but he does crane his neck forward to see around the wings. I have him RF in a Blvd 65 in my car. I'm kind of wishing the sale hadn't been so irresistible and I'd just paid more and gotten the MA 70 in cowmoo =\

Huh ... my son hasn't gotten car sick but he does crane his neck forward to see around the wings. I have him RF in a Blvd 65 in my car. I'm kind of wishing the sale hadn't been so irresistible and I'd just paid more and gotten the MA 70 in cowmoo =\

Not everyone is prone to motion sickness but to those who are, obstruction of vision in a moving vehicle and not being able to see out can make it much, much worse. Your son is probably fine with it because he doesn't suffer from motion sickness... many kids area fine in the BLVD but to many it may be an issue. I was not implying that the seat *causes* motion sickness, just that's if a child is prone to it, it may make it worse.

Eresh

Not everyone is prone to motion sickness but to those who are, obstruction of vision in a moving vehicle and not being able to see out can make it much, much worse. Your son is probably fine with it because he doesn't suffer from motion sickness... many kids area fine in the BLVD but to many it may be an issue. I was not implying that the seat *causes* motion sickness, just that's if a child is prone to it, it may make it worse.

Oh, I understood you. I was prone to motion sickness as a child and threw up in a few cars when the driver didn't listen fast enough. :eek: I hope DS continues to not suffer that problem. It's something for me to keep in mind tho next time I shop for car seats ... though I'm not sure I'll be buying another RF seat short of an accident.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC