Question FR85 in Dodge Durango (2003) or Tuscon (2011)

vermontmoms

I was wondering if anyone knew of any installation problems with the FR85 in a 2003 Dodge Durango (which will be primary car for this seat) or a 2011 Hyundai Tuscon?

Can anyone tell me if the seat belt alignment when used in a booster mode is acceptable in these cars? Are there any issues w/the booster or harness mode of this seat in either of these cars?

Can the FR85 be used as a booster in the third row of the Dodge Durango (which has short seat and no latch or tether)?

Thanks,
Jen

ADS

sunnymw

I don't know about the Frontier specifically but I never had a problem with ANY car seat in my Durango---middle row, outboard. Center is a no-go for anything and is a useless position IMO ;)

The seatbelts are lightweight locking latchplates, which are a dream for installing car seats. Buckle, pull, done. If you find them getting loose over time, turn the male end 1/2 turn to lock it. As an adult rider, the seat belt actually sat really low, right on my thighs, when in most vehicles it's higher than that.

IDK about the third row though... ours didn't have one. :(

vermontmoms

Thanks...I haven't had a problem installing any seat in our Durango either but thought I would check to see if anyone had any problems w/that particular seat since I just bought two of them. We use the center seat as a walkway to the back since it goes completely flat so no worries about carseats going in that position.

One more thing...I love how you spell your son's name...one of my twins is also Jakob!
Thanks,
Jen

vermontmoms

Does anyone know if we can put a booster (SK monterey or FR85) in the third row in a dodge durango (2003). It has a short seat so I don't know if it can be done...Anyone know?

Thanks!

U

Unregistered

In response to the question regarding using a booster seat in the third row of a 2003 Dodge Durango...We JUST purchased an '03 Durango. We had been looking at Ford Explorers, but found the Durango to be more in our price range. Well, the third row of the Durango cannot compare to the Explorer. The bottom of the third row is entirely too short to accommodate ANY car seat. We tried both boosters, and an infant, and found that the bases of any of these seats hang over the seat portion of the third row by 3-4 inches! How safe/unsafe is this?? When we looked at the Durango, we just had our girls go in the back to make sure they'd fit, but never took into consideration how short the bottom of the third row was in comparision to other SUVs, or even the middle row of the Durango. We are going to have to sell our newly purchased Durango, I just can't see how we'd be able to safely make it work :(.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC