Is this belt fit ok?

glockchick

Is this belt fit ok? *added pic with headrest higher*

I know some had expressed concern on another of my (million ;)) posts.

IMG_0114.jpg

If not, what do I do about it? She won't lean the other way to sleep, I've tried. She'll start correctly, but move in her sleep.

I can fit a FR there so I could do that for her. Is there another booster she could sleep in and maintain correct belt position? In the TB, she falls forward when she sleeps.

Last edited:
ADS

Pixels

Looks like it would be better if the headrest was moved up a notch.

I also feel I need to address the girl in the back seat with the unbuckled chest clip. It looks like the boy had already unbuckled to get out, so maybe he had unbuckled her chest clip to help get her out.

glockchick

Yeah, that was in the driveway right after we got home. My oldest was getting her out when I told him to stop so I could take a picture of Abigail. :) She rode right, I promise. :)

I did just move it up a notch, but she hasn't slept in it yet. I'll try to get her to simulate sleeping later today maybe.

finn

Could you move her to the other side of the car, so that when she falls asleep she is leaning into the belt rather than away from it?

glockchick

I could, but not easily. I need to be able to flip the seat on the other side down to buckle the kid in the 3rd row. Right now I have an Olli in that seat. They could switch sides, but it's easier to toss the Olli on the floorboard in front of the 2nd row and flip the seat down than it would be to take the PW out and do it.

Also, I'm not sure that would fix it. I think she goes that way because the belt bothers her. She's complained about it touching her neck before. I think she'd still lean away from it.

glockchick

Ok, here it is with the headrest higher. She's sitting in the middle of the seat even though it looks like she isn't. I made sure.

6129c4bf.jpg

Aurezalia

I'm not comfortable with the fit, either. Looks like it's way too close to the edge and she could easily roll out of it.

Jennifer mom to my 7

have you tried her in a turbo? That would be much cheaper:whistle: and would fit her really well for now. And then after a bit of a growth spurt, she could go back to the parkway.

Oh, and I also think that the belt looks off because she has that arm/elbow, up, rather than down at her side, kwim?

glockchick

Cheaper, but not near as much fun. ;)

I do have a turbo that's about to expire. It's back up. If she sleeps in it she falls forward and out of position. My truck's seats must be really upright because we have that problem in the GN too even as reclined as I could make it.

icnee

Im not too crazy about it either.

If I am remembering right did you say the FR fits there if so can you use that?

glockchick

I suppose that's an option, but I already know the FR fits in the vehicle and her so I just thought I'd go with that. And the vehicle belt possible interfering with the harness worries me.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
In the original pic it looks like you have adjustable shoulder belt anchors on the B pillar. Try moving it up and see how that changes the shoulder belt geometry. HTH!

glockchick

In the original pic it looks like you have adjustable shoulder belt anchors on the B pillar. Try moving it up and see how that changes the shoulder belt geometry. HTH!

I do indeed. I've tried moving it up before, but it seems to interfere with the belt's ability to ratchet back in. I think there's too much friction where the belt hits the top of the belt guide when I move it up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC