Twice in one day...thanks to the Zebra

BudgieStew

Car seats NEVER come up in my day to day life...today twice in one day.

First at the dentists office the receptionist's questioned DH about our rear facing Marathon(For 15 month old DD) asking if that was dangerous?
Not sure how she saw it but the Zebra cover REALLY stands out so I can only assume she saw it through her window in the parking.
Apparently she was told that after the rear facing infant seat you went straight to forward facing with the big seats(which is what she called them)
Big seats are not meant to rear face.
This is what she did with her 3 and half year old twins who are only a few months older then DS. :eek:
This all went on while I was getting told I had two cavities and I was in nasty pain.
So when I came out DH said she can answer your question about why DD's seat is rear facing.
So not having this prior information I said Oh DD is way too little to be legally forward facing...crashes with a small child heavy head etc seat makers recommend that the seat be used to the rear facing limit which is 30 or 35 lbs in Canada..as well as the American Ped. Society..test speeds with dummies, children in other countries are rear facing to 3 or 4...then I had to stop as the patient after me had to cancel and I was screaming give me the needle since I was happily taking her place.
This all took place in under 5 minutes so who knows what she took in also considering I was not speaking her first language. Hopefully she took some of it in it and will not pass on the infant seat to forward facing seat info.

Then leaving the food shop a lady standing beside her and our car having a smoke commented on the Zebra cover.
I saw her daughter asleep in her RF car seat next to us so maybe she had time to see what kind of seat it was with that cool cover and will look for it.

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Cool -- except for the dental pain *YEOUCH!* (& about the misinformation she had previously *UGH*)

I wish they made a zebra Regent cover ... so much of it could be rather tacky, but I love it, LOL! They could at least bring back the Cheetah *SIGH*

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I love that cover too. I *tried* to convince my mother to get a Zebra cover, but she got a Boulevard instead. :)

BudgieStew

And three times in one day.
A local T.V station had a news information show on tonight about car seats and misuse.DH recorded it and translated for me.

I loved the fact that they said the 3-1 is not the last seat you will need..you will need three, showed proper install info on harness height, touched on accessories and winter coats but sadly when showing the three stages of cars seat skipped straight from 22 rear facing to forward facing to 40..nothing about staying rear facing until the limit of the seats or the higher weighted harnessed seats.:crying:

Must go to bed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC