Choosing an Infant seat

simplychels

If you had to choose one today, which would you pick and why?

I am so out of the loop with infant seats. I usually end up doing installs on convertibles, so I don't see a lot of infant seats.

Bonus points if you can also tell me if the seat you'd pick comes in a travel system or if a converter bar can be purchased so that it can become part of a travel system

eta: I know there is the list of available seats and their specs, I'm just trying to narrow it down a bit. Seeing what preference people have and whatnot

ADS

Angela

I would love to have a KF! I've installed a few and they were a breeze! I also like the SR 32 and 35. I love that they have lock offs. The only infant bucket that I really despise is the rear adjust models.
Just realized this is in the Canadian board. Not totally sure what's available up there, but this is what I'd pick in the US. :)

canadiannancy

Not an expert yet....but with my guys we have has snugride(22lb) for dd1, safe seats for dd2 and dd3 and ds1.....the safe seats are an easy install on any vehicle I have been in taxis and friends vehicles and rentals and our three minivans this year. I imagine the snug ride 32/35 would be similar.

Haven't tired anything else, so I don't know what is better.

Kat_Shoshin

These days I am often recommending the BabyTrend FlexLoc. Fits a little one well, has front adjust and is really narrow for 3 across. Also it's the cheapest on the Canadian market at 109 at Wal-Mart right now.

The handle needs to be down, but tucks under nicely.

If you have the money I always recommend something a little nicer - or a Graco to fit their stroller system or a Keyfit for a premie - but most of the time the FlexLoc does the trick.

Lucy_R

My top two choices were Snugride 35 and KF. For a third baby, definately Snugride 35. I need the convenience as long as possible. Why are you asking Chels?:eek:

Oh, and I just wanted to add about the stroller. The SR35 comes in a travel system, but I'm getting the UppaBaby Vista with a bassinette and I'll get the Graco carseat adaptor as well just in case. I don't plan on having baby sitting in the carseat for walks, maybe just when we drive somewhere and he/she is asleep and I don't want to wake them up.

Last edited:

ProudMommysince09

I'd go for the SR 32 they feel comfy for the baby and install very well in my car. From what I know it works with the Graco stroller and I like those as well so that would be my choice.
I'd also consider a KF but not as a travel system because I'm not crazy about the stroller that comes with it (Cortina?)

So thats if I was to buy new, I still have a 22lbs limit SR and I would totally use it again LOL..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC