Smiley abuse

Splash

Nice to see we have a few new smilies. Although it makes me nervous, too!

I posted in the feedback forum asking if there was a way to complete disable them on my end so I don't have to see them. I went searching more and found out that there probably isn't. I don't mind them, really, it's just that there are a few members who commit some major smiley abuse. I don't mind seeing them, it's when there are a dozen in one message, or one right after the other, that just grates on my nerves. Maybe it's only me.

I'm talking posts like this...

blah blah blah :rolleyes: :shrug-shoulders: :cool: blah blah :question: blah blah :2thumbsup: blah blah blah :p :cool: :rolleyes: blah blah blah blah blah blah :crying: :doh: blah blah blah :soapbox: blah blah blah :eek: :mad: blah blah :question: blah blah blah :crying: :( blah blah blah :thanx!: blah blah :p :D :eek:

Seriously, there are posts here like that. It's really only a few people that do that, but it's a bit extreme. Can we please just use our smilies with discretion? Other wise, does ANYONE know how I can just make them not show up? As it is, when I see posts by these few people, I immediately hit ESC so at least their posts will stop dancing.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Got it! :)

I think I am one who sometimes abuses the smilies. Some of my posts have very few, but others are overly "sprinkled" with smilies. I will be careful!

amy919

I immediately hit ESC so at least their posts will stop dancing.

THANK YOU for that tip! I had no idea I could just hit ESC to prevent myself from seizuring.

I don't really mind them when there are 1 or 2 in a post, but looking at what you just posted made my head spin!

Amy

scatterbunny

Got it! :)

I think I am one who sometimes abuses the smilies. Some of my posts have very few, but others are overly "sprinkled" with smilies. I will be careful!

Ditto. Sometimes I don't use any smilies, other times a few, and sometimes I use a bunch. :shrug-shoulders: Just depends on my mood. Smilies are supposed to convey body language or tone behind the words, and sometimes a few convey that feeling or tone better than one.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Ditto. Sometimes I don't use any smilies, other times a few, and sometimes I use a bunch. :shrug-shoulders: Just depends on my mood. Smilies are supposed to convey body language or tone behind the words, and sometimes a few convey that feeling or tone better than one.

I agree! But I do readily admit that some of my posts are probably way too "dancy." (How's that for a made-up word?:p )

momof2kiddos

Same here, I am one that probably uses a few too many smiles sometimes...I will try to hold back on those.;)

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
i love how smileys can really change the way a whole sentence sounds..lol..i am known to use a few...but i wouldnt say i abuse them...but then again i dont see any posts with more than mine (but i dont really pay attention either) ha...lol...i will use them with a little more constraint from now on though...

Victorious4

Senior Community Member

Ditto.... I saw the "Disable smilies in text" option & thought it allowed other users to ignore mine, too, but I guess not? I'll try to tone it down *wink*

Yoshi

Splash, I am so tired today, and the title of your thread made me think you meant that the smileys look like they are being abused!!!! Especially this guy: :dizzy:

You made me laugh!

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I'm sorry Estelle!

I'll be sure to make sure I take it easy!

I wouldn't want to see any :fencing: here.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
:sorry!: :doh: They are just so FUN! :happy-wavehello: :evil grin: :blah blah blah: KWIM? :p But if we are going to fight about it... :fencing: and it makes you sick :dizzy: then I guess I'll knock it off. :scratcheshead: :whistle:
You know I love ya! :love: , wouldn't wanna make you mad or anything :crying: :hitselfonhead:

:duck:

:ROTFLMAO:

LuvBug

eek they really do make you nauseous lol!
Im a bit of a smilie enthusiest, I hope I dont abuse them though! I try to use only ones when I want to make sure the tone of my post is taken the way I mean it. I say a lot of things in a joking manner and I have gotten so use to just saying "lol" every sentence that it is becoming dangerous lol!(<-see) Im so glad to have the different smilies now... Ill try to keep them down to the necessary ;)

Splash

Oh I like smilies! It is just when they are one after another after another... it's annoying and really takes away from the message. It's more like when it's like this :eek: :confused: :mad: :( all in a row. Not even when it's peppered with them, but all in a row!
I don't mean to sound poopy, and I am a smiley fan. I am glad there are a lot of them now, and I definitely add a :) at the end of some posts. I just don't add 6 different smiling variants at the same time ;) (ha ha ha)

I just saw all these new smilies and got scared that every post was going to be dancing sparkling fairy dust.

And, I must ask, WHO is scratching this guy's head? Because it would be physically impossible for him to have his own arm at that angle. :scratcheshead:

JaRylan

Yikes, I wonder if I'm a smiley abuser??? Now that I think about it, I'm probably a smiley row abuser :rolleyes: :eek: :p Like that, lol. I'll try to restrain myself.

Thanks for the escape tip (cool it works to freeze the smilies that are to the right of me right now as I type this).

What would be nice is if we could change the constipated winky smiley in chat, lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC