Babysteals feat. Snap n Go Install Aid

equilibrium

I wanted to post for discussion.

I know I heard these aren't good to use with installs but then a major deal a day site features this. So, what information is out there that can be used to help us unknowledgeable (but learning!) persons to learn about the effects of using similar products with installs.

This product does not seem like the one that I saw for the first time recently in some stores (that tightening install helper one).

http://ca.mc463.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome?.gx=1&.tm=1284995450&.rand=04im9o3ft46go#_pg=showMessage&sMid=1&&filterBy=&.rand=216277659&midIndex=1&mid=1_82308_AK%2FHtEQAACdtTJd4yguUTXT90fc&fromId=service@babysteals.com&m=1_82993_AK7HtEQAAW7ETJd5BQfmojuta8c,1_82308_AK%2FHtEQAACdtTJd4yguUTXT90fc,1_81792_AKjHtEQAAAbQTJdzPwLtCxtFlmI,1_80993_ALDHtEQAAFumTJds4QKwNmEzCsc,1_80135_ALDHtEQAAEiRTJdrGw57fzFii9M,1_79411_AKfHtEQAANesTJdOigvS%2F2be3Rg,1_78567_ALDHtEQAAItDTJdN1wfz62Qez7E,&sort=date&order=down&startMid=0&hash=f7c85d100fefb640d4f605152b5e540d&.jsrand=8773435

ADS

crunchierthanthou

I wanted to post for discussion.

I know I heard these aren't good to use with installs but then a major deal a day site features this. So, what information is out there that can be used to help us unknowledgeable (but learning!) persons to learn about the effects of using similar products with installs.

This product does not seem like the one that I saw for the first time recently in some stores (that tightening install helper one).

This is nothing like the Mighty Tite (which I believe is the other product that you're describing). In fact, I just ordered a Snap 'n Go from babysteals. My former local coalition had them for all their techs on staff. They are used for threading the belt and that's all. You clip the Snap 'n Go to the latchplate, thread it through, and remove it before you buckle. This device does not have any part in the actual installation. There is absolutely no safety concern.

equilibrium

Hi, sorry about the link!

Thank you for the clarification. I find that all these products have "install aid" attached to them. I guess I should have read the smaller print, lol. So, threading is okay-it's just to help. But, tightening is not safe, right?

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I have one of these. I'm glad you reminded me, I need to take it with me tomorrow to my checkpoint event. It just makes it easier to get the belt through the belt path. Just like crunchy said, you can't even buckle the belt until you take the thing off. Much better than cramming your hands into the belt path (especially in someone's dirty seat).

Like the last check crunchy and I worked. That poor hispanic lady. No one touched her seats without gloves on, that's how disgusting they were. This would have been nice (although her seats were so bad, we replaced them both).

aeormsby

I was just coming to post about the thing on babysteals - seems pretty pointless to me. How much easier is it to feed that thing thru the belt path than the actual belt??

christineka

I was just coming to post about the thing on babysteals - seems pretty pointless to me. How much easier is it to feed that thing thru the belt path than the actual belt??

It depends on the belt path. I scraped up my arm threading the seatbelt through the CA's rfing belt path.

msg221

I have one of these. I'm glad you reminded me, I need to take it with me tomorrow to my checkpoint event. It just makes it easier to get the belt through the belt path. Just like crunchy said, you can't even buckle the belt until you take the thing off. Much better than cramming your hands into the belt path (especially in someone's dirty seat).

Like the last check crunchy and I worked. That poor hispanic lady. No one touched her seats without gloves on, that's how disgusting they were. This would have been nice (although her seats were so bad, we replaced them both).

Sounds like one of the seats I saw this past Saturday. It was so filthy nasty I can't imagine how someone could let their child ride in it! I had some of the other techs tell me that people have come to the seat check events and actually said "My seat is dirty, can I get a new one?" The techs then tell them sorry, but cleaning your seat is YOUR responsibility and we can't give seats out just because yours is dirty." Then the people have the nerve to get all pissed off and leave in a huff. Some people!

equilibrium

I wish we could see pics of people's dirty seats, lol. Yes, I am one of those who like to see ! Now, do techs where you are usually replace some seats-is that why people ask?

msg221

I wish we could see pics of people's dirty seats, lol. Yes, I am one of those who like to see ! Now, do techs where you are usually replace some seats-is that why people ask?

I did think about taking a pic of those dirty seats once the parent(s) left, but I didn't! The worse one was stained with old food and drink stains, crumbs in the bottom of the seat and the chest clip which I think was originally light gray, was just nasty black with gunk all over it. I did not even want to touch that thing but had to in order to see if it was expired (nobody bothered to tell me we had gloves around!). The interior of the vehicle was no better. Honestly, I would be mortified to bring my vehicle in there looking like that, but at least they cared enough to get their seats looked at.

Anyway, yes, we did have seats to give out for those who needed them. I was told that they do replace seats when needed, as long as there is money in their budget to allow them to. A few examples are the expired seat we replaced, another where the family came in with all borrowed car seats because they had been in an accident last week that totaled their car, and one family that had a 4 year-old in no restraint, so she got a new booster seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC