Maclaren replacement parts

sb518

I am so angry. I have a raspberry Triumph that I bought in the spring, and the canopy is just disgusting and black from the wheels when I fold it up. I've tried to clean it off best I can but it won't even lighten up. Do you think they will replace as part of the warranty? I just want to get a whole different color seat/canopy. How much are they??? I can't even navigate their site to tell how to purchase anything or what the prices are. Does anybody have experience with this?

ADS

Irishmama

I had a broken axle on mine and their customer service was beastly. :rolleyes: I know I have read that you can purchase new seat and canpoy cover for them, but I can't remember where at the moment. I know I have seen them on the Maclaren website, but I didn't see them there the last time I looked, but I bet if you call them I bet you can buy it from Maclaren direct. If I find any place you can buy it online, I'll post it. Good luck!

ETA: The Maclaren site says it will be updated in September 2010 and you should be able to buy new skins for it directly from them soon.

Dillipop

I had the seat post tear through the fabric on my volo a couple years ago. A couple emails to CS with photos and I had a new seat sent to me. It doesn't quite match the canopy- they must have changed color slightly between when my stroller was made and when I got the replacement, but that doesn't bother me. My stroller was within the 1 year warranty.

I do find that if I make sure my wheels are locked away from the canopy, I am much less likely to get dirt on them. I just need to make sure they are locked in the forward movement mode before folding.

Athena

I made the mistake of getting one with a pink hood and I was so excited about the pretty color, then it immediately got dirty. :( I hate that about their design. Didn't know about the wheel cover, but I wonder about the cost. Given the cost of their buggies and the simple design of the cover, one would think they could include that with the buggy. My experience with their CS was beastly too. (a big part of why I don't have the Mac :love: I thought I would) I doubt they would replace it because they are difficult in general, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I'm sorry to hear that happened. I think the raspberry is beautiful, but it seems the beautiful colors get dirty quickly. :( That is very disappointing.

Okay, I just looked and $25 for a simple drawstring bag. Are they kidding? I would think one could find a simple drawstring bag that would work for less. How big are those little drawstring bags for $1.99 at Ikea in the laundry dept? Part of the Skubb line I think. Not the full sized laundry bags, but the smaller ones. I wonder if those could be sewn shorter and then even if the opening is large, with the drawstring could it be pulled tight enough to make it small enough to work? Now I'm curious just to see. Anyway, you get the idea. Maybe some people want the official mac one and I could see if it was the zippered kind, but that little drawstring bag looks cheap for $25.

Athena

I use a plastic grocery bag to keep the dirty wheels of the canopy of my umbrella stroller.

:thumbsup: An even easier and cheaper solution. I wish I'd known before mine got dirty, but I can try to keep it from getting worse.

Anyone had any luck washing them? You cannot take them apart right? On the BJs you can actually remove th canopy fabric and machine wash it, right?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC