I think I'm just not going to look into anyone else's cars anymore.....

groovymom2000

For whatever reason, it seems as though there has been a big increase in kids not being strapped in at all around here. Or maybe we're just out more. These kids aren't strapped in at all---never mind a booster. They're bouncing around the minivan, sitting in mom's lap(I actually saw this yesterday--in the pick up line, and the car was moving), hanging over the driver's shoulder, whatever. Maybe it's because I'm around more 6-7 year olds, and no one uses seats? It hurts me to look! We were almost hit the other evening--it would have been very bad, as we would have been rear-ended at about 45-50 mph, and all I could do was look in the rear-view mirror, pray and be thankful that the kids were strapped in. There are so many near-misses, and just because you make it out of one, is no guarantee. Ahhhhh...rant,rant,rant!! I have called the police dept. near our school(where I see frequent issues) but nothing has been done. :soapbox:
I think I am just going to have to stop looking for my own sanity.
Thanks for letting me rant, and also not to feel like I'm the only freaky parent in the world who has her 6 year old in a harness or booster and her not-yet-three year old still in a harnessed seat! :)

ADS

momof2kiddos

I know what you mean.The other day I saw 3 kids all around age 4-7 in the backseat with NO boosters and one wasn't even buckled up she was standing UP!!:jaw: We were at a red light.Dh gets so mad at me because since joining this board I for some reason always look and point out what someone is doing wrong.:scratcheshead: It drives dh crazy,lol,and he always says don't stare Courtney,but OMG it is hard not to stare with my mouth open when I see things like that.:(

mamato2

I didn't even have to look into this car I saw the other day. Someone drove down the street with two little kids standing up with their heads OUT THE MOON /SUN roof!! Little kids too, just their heads stuck out :eek:
C.

arly1983

My mom thinks I need therepy.... When we walk through the walmart parking lot I am scanning for car seat mistakes...... Which by the way I found out she was ahead of her time..... My sister and I were in boosters till we were five. Not bad for 24 years ago.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
on the contrary...i saw and etended Rfing child today! yay! i was shocked. i was driving down the freeway...and there she was...i carpool to work, and i interrupted our conversation and pointed the girl out...my coworker thinks im nuts...lol

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
on the contrary...i saw and etended Rfing child today! yay! i was shocked. i was driving down the freeway...and there she was...i carpool to work, and i interrupted our conversation and pointed the girl out...my coworker thinks im nuts...lol

LOL! I have done that too!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC