I want to buy a seat tonight... big issues

autumnlily

Today is the end of the BRU event. I can apply 25% to each seat AND, if I buy two seats I can apply the twin discount of an additional 10% (that is 35% off each seat). I have $$ to spend from my parents for car seats... they need three seats by Tuesday. I can give them seats from my existing stock and use the money to replace seats for our two cars. I really need them to be easy seats (they have Britax installs down for both RF & FF).

Twins
SIZE WISE: 2y6m - 25lb & 29.5lb. Barely fit RF in CCO. Two inches above their head... but I don't like that little of room. Fit perfect FF in the CCO. Fit perfect FF in classic Roundabout (40lb version) - RF they are at the 1" mark.

I desperately want them to RF until 3 in parent's car - perhaps longer.

Lucy
SIZE WISE: Turns 5 years old 12/01. Shoulders are flush with third slot in classic Marathon and slightly under 3rd slot of Radian. 34lbs. Really, there isn't a seat on the market that won't work for her (other than the micro top slot seats). Will not booster for at least another year.

CARS
2005 Prius (parent's car)
2007 8 Passenger Sienna (my car)
2000 Avalon (DH car) (only need 3 across on rare occasions)
and just need an extra seat for DH Parent's just for Lucy

OWNED CARSEATS
2 Classic Marathons (33lb RF limit)
2 Radian 65SL
1 Frontier 85
1 Graco Nautilus
1 CCO
1 Classic Roundabout

seats I have reserved for low income families but could use (I bought with my own $$)
Scenera (both twins fit very well RF)
Avenue

I have access to repurchase a Radian 65 from my friend for $100.

Other considerations:
I want no thread harness seats. I don't really care for the Complete Air. The Triumphs are just SO big. I could live with the Symphony 65 (remember my girls have shorter than average torso's). I like the MA70 and BV70 (actually starting to really want headwings). In a bit I can post pics of my kids in a few seats.

I really liked the Graco MyRide... how would they fit in Prius? Also, the seats I pick to RF in my parent's car DO NOT have to work FF. We can cross that bridge when we get there.

HAVE FUN... and please jump in soon. Yes, I'm "Last Minute Misty"... if I miss the 35% off, so be it - but I'd really like to try and take advantage of it ;)

ADS

autumnlily

Other notes:

I hate RF Radians in my Sienna. Can handle one in the back row RF.

I'd love to have the two MA and one RN in Prius OR two Radians plus another seat for DD1...

I have access to a second CCO

emtb79

I like the BLVDs I have one and really like it for the wings. Maybe put the Radians in the parents car then see what will fit.

L

LuciaBella

Do you really need to buy new seats? You have a ton!!

Put the twins in the Radians in your car since its bigger and they will not fit in the Prius. Put them RF marathons in your moms car.
Does Lucy fit in the CCO? try that and if not, then try radian
Then give her whatever is left over for your car.

jjordan

Okay, 2 ma and 1 rn in prius from what you have.

Other rn, nautilus or frontier, and cco in avalon.

The other combo seat (nautilus or frontier) in your vehicle, along with 2 new Britax 70-series seats with 25% off and twin discount.

Roundabout goes bye-bye or is saved for emergencies/future children/sentimental reasons. :)

I couldn't quite tell from your post; if you're uncomfortable using the cco rearfacing and want the twins to stay RF, then you could use the avenue in place of the cco in the avalon.

HTH! :)

autumnlily

psst ~ this is my 1,000 post!

oops. BRU closed at 7pm :( So, urgency is gone - for the moment. Thanks for the comments.

I still have to make a decision soon - but this upcoming week will just be temp stations for the cars. I'd love to nail down a permanent plan.

I can still get BLVD70s for 30% off. I don't have the ability to get MA70s for 30%.... so I'd have to wait for a coupon elsewhere. And, determine which one I like better.

I like the BLVDs I have one and really like it for the wings. Maybe put the Radians in the parents car then see what will fit.

Is this the old or new model? Well, I guess either way - do the kids every get too hot with all the "wingage" around their head? Have they sat in a MA and seemed happier either way?

Do you really need to buy new seats? You have a ton!!

Put the twins in the Radians in your car since its bigger and they will not fit in the Prius. Put them RF marathons in your moms car.
Does Lucy fit in the CCO? try that and if not, then try radian
Then give her whatever is left over for your car.

No, I don't *need* to buy new seats.... it is just fun that my parent's want to give/enable me to get new seats. :whistle:

I don't love the RN in the Sienna. I know others do - but, the recline is so close to 45 degrees it can sometimes interfere with my husband's seating position. I do love how low profile they are and that they give my girls the most leg room, and since my van is the most traveled in vehicle - absolutely makes sense that they have the comfort of the RN. Definitely not out of the running for my van... just not on my 'wish' list.

Lucy has outgrown the CCO FF. Or, is directly even with the slots. She used to like the seat but now thinks it has cooties :rolleyes:

The RN is dreamy RF in the Avalon. FF install, I have some issues with the buckle leaning on the edge of the seat... need to practice some more.

I do believe RF Radians would be too hard for my parent's. I want them (my parents) be 100% comfortable... they are older and I worry about them with the distraction of the kids in the car and be uncomfortable. They have driven with RF Marathons and managed well. However, I haven't tried a RF RN in there...it could be quite upright. ?

Okay, 2 ma and 1 rn in prius from what you have.

Other rn, nautilus or frontier, and cco in Avalon.

The other combo seat (nautilus or frontier) in your vehicle, along with 2 new Britax 70-series seats with 25% off and twin discount.

Roundabout goes bye-bye or is saved for emergencies/future children/sentimental reasons. :)

I couldn't quite tell from your post; if you're uncomfortable using the cco rearfacing and want the twins to stay RF, then you could use the avenue in place of the cco in the Avalon.

HTH! :)

Have you seen 2 RF Marathons and a FF RN in a Prius? This really gives me hope! If I can't get the seats in quickly on Tuesday - we will have to trade cars again (not the end of the world...) but I'd love to hear success stories :D

The Avalon has stiff seat belts. We purchased the car new and need to replace the seat belts (hmmm, perhaps I should use my parent's car seat $$ for that) - the CCO will not install RF because of the lack of flexibility in the belt (all three belts... trust me, it is frustrating).

Absolutely, I want them RF. I have managed three across in the Avalon... I just need to spend a little more time with it. I found the Frontier easier to play will than the Nautilus for a three across in that car.

Roundabout has been at my friend's house for months now. I'm ready to say goodbye to it.

I also have to keep a forth seat for daycare baby on Tuesdays. Since we travel in the van I can make any seat work.

L

LuciaBella

I've seen 2 RF MA's and a FF RN before in a Prius. It was very tight, and each installed with seat belts, but there is no way you can get RF RN's in there. You can try, I just don't see it happening, sorry.

Why don't you just buy the seats you want and deal with the others? It seems as though you want the radians for the avalon, the BLVD's for the sienna and the MA's for your parents car? Just get the BLVD's then!

emtb79

Mine is a BLVD70. I dont find that Hudson gets hot in it because I have a van and just turn the air vent over him around towards him. He also likes the wings it gives him something to lean his head on

emandbri

I wasn't happy with the how the my ride fit in my sienna. Mine is older though so it might be different on a newer one.

I'm fine with the radian in my sienna but I also don't have to worry about the seat touching the front seat since the airbag warning didn't go into effect until 2005. Oh and I have the old base on the radian not the new one.

I'd probably get the tilla nautilus at target for Lucy but I just really like it! lol

Good luck and have fun shopping!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Don't count on getting a multiples discount on top of other coupons, managers aren't supposed to allow it and the computer will probably kick it out :eek:

autumnlily

Don't count on getting a multiples discount on top of other coupons, managers aren't supposed to allow it and the computer will probably kick it out :eek:

I know - it usually doesn't work. However, during the Trade-in 2 of the stores, have been awesome about applying the discounts in the same transaction. But, sadly I forgot they closed last night at 7pm and missed my chance :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC