7 y.o. in Safeguard Go

jpzec

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/jpzec/Emily27190.jpg

I still don't post a lot, so ya'll don't really "know" me, but I wanted to share a pic of Catie in the Safeguard Go. This is my first attempt at sharing a photo, so hope it works!

Anyway, Catie is 7, about 48"-49" (short!), 51 lbs, Safeguard Go installed with LATCH in an '06 Ford F150 with full back seat. She fits well; DH installed the seat and I haven't had a chance to check it out really well yet to see how much growing room she has. (Big sis is in the picture, too -- just before a dance competition so excuse the, um, lack of coverage, if you will!) -

I talked DH (and DD!) into trying the seat for an upcoming trip to FL; we're flying down then will do a rental car so will be able to use the seat either harnessed or as a backless booster. DH's parents live on the east coast of FL and their health is beginning to decline, so I am anticipating more frequent visits from us so expect we'll get a good bit of use from this seat.

This picture was made on a day trip last weekend; we had a dance competition about an hour and a half away so we did a "trial run"; Catie said the seat was pretty comfy and didn't complain about being harnessed (She has pretty much been in a booster full time since school started last August). My first impression is that it will work pretty well for what it is designed to be -- a seat for travel. The truck's back seat basically has no recline at all so she did have the head flop thing happening when she fell asleep on the way home, but that isn't unusual for her.

And a "Catie funny" -- She was watching something on Disney Channel the other day and came out and asked me if I had a tape measure because she wanted to see if she is close to 4 ft 9 inches yet! I asked how she knew about the 4'9" rule (thinking she'd probably heard me say it at some point!) but she said had seen a commercial on TV saying 4'9" before riding in just a seatbelt. I haven't seen it, but I want to check it out! She wasn't too happy when we told her she has a good 9 or 10 inches to go before 4'9" though! Heck, Emily is only about 5'1" at 19!

I will attempt an official review when I have a little extra time.

Jamie - Former tech and mom of 3 in NC

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Cool! They are both so cute! Bitsy's only about that size but is too tall for the Go (shucks....)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC