Why am I so scared to put my almost 7 YO in a booster?

todzwife

I know he's just as safe as in a harnessed seat at this point. He'll be 7 in 2 weeks. He's just so little still, and so skinny he seems so breakable. I'd keep him harnessed longer if there was a HWH that would fit both him and my car, but there isn't. The Nauti had overhang and I really don't think a Frontier would buy us much time anyway, plus DH would shoot me if I spent another $250+on ANOTHER seat.

Tell me it will be ok. I got him a Parkway SG. I think for his body type (long, lean and leggy) he'll be most comfortable in it.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Tell me it will be ok. I got him a Parkway SG. I think for his body type (long, lean and leggy) he'll be most comfortable in it.

It's okay. :) As long as he sits well, there's not much difference between a harness and booster at his age/size - or at least not much research to support either side. My skinny son won't be six until later this fall. He is ~44" and 40 lbs and has been in a booster full time for a couple months now. He knows the rules, and stays in position. He's in a Monterey that fits him well. I don't think twice about it.

mykidsmylife

Johnathon was only 42-45lbs when he went into a booster full time. He was almost 6. I welcomed it and I cannot wait for him to drop the booster.

I don't worry. At first I did b/c I was scared he wouldn't sit right, but he proved himself and I am totally okay with it now.

NebraskaMom

I felt the same way you do. My son turned 7 on June 25 and stopped harnessing the second week of July since he'd outgrown it. He is using the Nauti as a high back booster right now and I worried a lot. He is still squirmy and tends to lean a lot...but after correcting it a few times and showing him what will happen if the seatbelt is sitting incorrectly if I were to crash. He rides well in it now, but I admit to secretly wishing (on very rare occasion) he could still harness :whistle:

Kat_Momof3

been there... I was terrified to booster train my daughter at 5... scared even more when she outgrew her nautilus 2wks before she turned 6... she's going to be 7 in March and I'm finally adjusted to it...

MommyBoha

I understand!! My DS is 7.5 years old, 47lbs 47in and is getting ready to be boostered full time. I ordered the ProBooster for him. He loves his Regent, but wants a booster and can use one properly. Im a nervous wreck.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC