Anyone notice the 'HUGS' on the CA65? And base changes!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I was checking out the Flutter seat at BRU last night, and noticed it has these rubbery cloth pads that are very thin and unobtrusive right at shoulder level. I wonder if they will make the seat more comfy for taller/older kids who used to get rubbed at the neck? And I also assume they have something to do with the seat passing testing with the higher weight limit. Could be wrong on that, didn't check the manual to see if they could be removed.

Sorry if this is old news :eek: Flutter is definitely purple, and the new black seat that's replacing the old black seat is...black. I forget it's name. Also there's an Onside Air in a box I didn't get a chance to play with.

ADS

tiggercat

Re: Anyone notice the 'HUGS' on the CA65?

I can't see what you are talking about in the stock pics. But interesting...

glockchick

I don't see them here either. :confused:

Is it still a continuous harness? That's one of the main things that keeps me from considering it. I can't stand continuous harnesses. :p

njkj

In the second pic, in the link above, you can kind of see something under the right harness strap right above the chest clip. Is this what you are talking about OP? Makes me wanna run to BRU and check it out LOL

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

In the second pic, in the link above, you can kind of see something under the right harness strap right above the chest clip. Is this what you are talking about OP? Makes me wanna run to BRU and check it out LOL
Yup, you can just barely see them in ShannaLeah's link :thumbsup:

NannyMom

Is there an online manual for the seat? Does it mention anything?

wavegal

I see it too!:thumbsup:

really wish I could run to bru and play but can't for a few more days :(:mad:

jjordan

I actually played with a CA at BRU today and noticed those things. Didn't have time to check the manual as dd was getting kind of impatient at that point.

Shanna - I'm pretty sure it does have a continuous harness. For sure, ONE of the seats I played with today had a continuous harness, and I know it wasn't the BV70 or momentum. MyRide doesn't have one, does it? If not, then it was definitely the CA.

glockchick

Well poop. Lol! I want one so badly, but I know the continuous harness will tick me off.

Cross your fingers that the RN installs well in my truck so I don't need the CA please. :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

I didn't see those! But that sounds cool. My BRU had the Onside on display today and I LIKED. Kind of like the Avenue, really, but a little different shape, and I loved the cover.

Athena

That is so pretty. Does the fabric feel the same as their other covers? Or is it softer or smoother? Not a fan of the other's feel. I don't see the hugs.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

It felt soft enough to me. But it was bumpy where the pattern was woven in which bugged me. ;)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

That is so pretty. Does the fabric feel the same as their other covers? Or is it softer or smoother? Not a fan of the other's feel. I don't see the hugs.

I had them all next to each other and couldn't tell a difference in the covers...all the same smooth meshy stuff.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
So I was playing with the CA65 a little more, and turned it upside down. It's pretty cool (sorry, I didn't have a camera at work :eek:) that instead of the usual bare-sharp bottom that the old CA had or any other AOE had when you took off the base, they screwed (into the same holes left over from the models that have a base) some plastic 'skis' on the bottom...long, smooth, but curved, like for a noodle to sit in under the seat. I can't say if it installs any better, but it looks a lot less harsh on the vehicle seats :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC