We're moving

mominabigtruck

Well we decided today that we're going to bite the bullet and sell our house. We've been thinking about it for a while since the area we live in is pretty expensive compared to other neighboring towns because we're a lake community. So we've decided we're going to move about an hour away to be closer to my parents and to where most of our drivers are. I know in my mind that its for the best financially but its just hard because I've never lived anywhere but here and we're moving to a bigger city and I'll have to start the kids all over again with different schools and babysitters. I guess this is just a little bit of a pout, but if anyone has any advice on how to make this easier on the kids that would be great.

ADS

djma

Although I do not have personal experience, I have had close friends with young kids that have had to move. They have kept it fun and exciting. They have tried not to let the kids hear or see any fear from their parents about uncertainty.

I hope everything goes well with your move! I'm sure your kids will do great!:)

LuvBug

(((hugs)))
Ive lived in the same house the past 13+ years and I dread the day we move because I hate change lol! Ive thought about keeping the house, but I love the house(especially now that we are almost done remodeling), not the town...

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
We moved last year, then back again & will be staying in another state for the summer, then moving to yet another state -- try to think of it as an adventure.... GOOD LUCK, RELAX & HAVE FUN

beeman

Good luck on your move. I can remember some family friends who moved a few years back, and I remember the mom saying that her toddler was very clingy for the next while after the move, and didn't want her mom to go anywhere without her. That's all that I've heard about moving with small kids. Once you settle in it will be a lot nicer too.

Morganthe

Since you're not moving really that far away, it won't be as much as a shock to you & your kids. (Green rainy Germany to Dusty dry Texas-- that still is a culture shock :rolleyes: ) Especially since you'll be closer to family. :2thumbsup:

Your 18 month old will mostly notice the new home & room, but as long as you keep up the previous routine, won't really be that stressful. It's your older child that will have questions and worries. Point out the positives + look to find the same child oriented activities you have at your current location to switch into as soon as you move.

If you want suggestions on how to move with young children, google -- moving tips military family - A whole lot of websites will pop up. I know you're not military, but since there are so many families in the military who regularly move, there's a lot of advice set up to answer questions and advise how to do it easier especially for the kids. You might also find checklists from the same sites to make it a bit less stressful on you to :)

Good luck & enjoy the adventure as much as you can :cool!:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC