Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Compass 505

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Evenflo Big Kid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jewels

Senior Community Member
What would be your top picks for the following booster seats? If I didn't list a seat feel free to add it but I am listing seats I know are available in Canada.
Here is the list in no particular order:
Britax Parkway
Graco Turbo Booster
Evenflo Confidence
Compass 505 (can't find the B510 anywhere!?)
Evenflo Big Kid

ADS

canadianmom2three

I was soooo set to buy the parkway for my DD aged 7 and 65lbs. Imagine my dissapointment when she sat in it and declared that it was way too squishy. Indeed it was really tight, and while some kids might love that cozy feeling, she didn't. After a lot of shopping around, she loved the Confidence - it doesn't adjust as tall as the parkway, but it does adjust in seat depth, and has a really wide seat, which she liked. I liked how it has no armrests to worry about, super nice belt paths, and is totally lined (seat, back and headrest) in EPS foam. It also converts to backless booster for when she is too tall, but I estimate this one will last a good while. The shoulder guides are at par with the turbo booster on the top settings, but she sat a bit lower in the confidence so that it is actually two clicks below the top setting - and the headrest itself is a fair bit higher. I am optimistic that she will be able to ride in this with the back for at least another year or hopefully two...

So even though I do believe that the parkway is a fantastic booster, I had to say (after trying all of the above, and even more - hopped the border to the us to check out the US selection and look for the compas B510:p )that the Confidence was our top pick...

beeman

I went for the turbo booster, because thats all I've used so far. From what I've seen of the Compass, I was impressed, but I think that the Canadian version of the B510 needs to come out first. I have never seen a real Britax seat yet, so I'm not familiar with them, other than what members of this board have said. I do like that the turbo can be used backless or highback, and is easy to switch back and forth. Evenflo doesn't have EPS foam, so I wouldn't use that, but the Turbo, Compass or Parkaway should all work well, depending on you're vehicle.

canadianmom2three

That's why I was so happy with the evenflo confidence - it is totally covered in EPS foam - seat, lower and upper back, sidewings and entire headrest all lined in foam.

momof2kiddos

I voted parkway:2thumbsup: .I was hoping those would be around for a long time so I could get my Dc's one when they were old enough for a booster to use in other veichles:crying: .Since they are going to stop making them in 18-24 months I MIGHT just go ahead and get one for my ds since he will be 4 at that time and keep it in a closet until he is 5 and I feel comfortable letting him ride in a booster for 10 minute or less drives:scratcheshead: .But ofcourse in My car he is staying harnessed until he is 16 and old enough for a license!!:p

scatterbunny

If the Parkway wasn't available, I'd probably pick the Evenflo Confidence. I think it's easier to buckle than the TurboBooster (because the Turbo has those fixed armrests), and I like the fact that it's fully lined with EPS foam, and I like the depth-adjustable base. I really, really like the belt guides on it, too. I wish it had deeper sidewings, though. Man, the Parkway really spoils a person, with the awesome sidewings. :p

The Compass B505 is just WAY TOO SHORT. :(

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The Compass B505 is just WAY TOO SHORT. :(

I saw one of these today. I lined up a Parkway, Compass B505, and a TB all with the seatbacks at their tallest. (Sorry, didn't have my camera with me, no pics) It's ridiculous how short the compass is!

If I couldn't have the PW, I'd probably go for a ride to the US and get a 510.;)
If I have to choose CDN, it would probably be the Evenflo.

scatterbunny

I saw one of these today. I lined up a Parkway, Compass B505, and a TB all with the seatbacks at their tallest. (Sorry, didn't have my camera with me, no pics) It's ridiculous how short the compass is!

Isn't it just crazy? I need to try Hayley in the B500/B505 again just for kicks. The only store within 1.5-2 hours that carries carseats quit carrying it, though.

And it's a bit deceiving, the B500/B505 has taller headwings/headrest than the Turbo, so when they are fully extended and back-to-back they are almost the same height, but when you focus only on the shoulderbelt guide height from the seating area, the B500/B505 is much shorter.

Here are my pics of the Turbo and B500: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/0...parisons/Graco TurboBooster and Compass B500/

You can see in this picture how, measured from floor to the top of the seat, the Turbo isn't all THAT much taller; but measured from seating area to shoulderbelt guide, the Turbo is MUCH taller:
6b0f0e9f.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC