My new 3-across!

Aurezalia

I have a tiny backseat in my Hyundai Elantra, made even smaller by the way the edges of the seat curve and losing several inches of usable space. :thumbsdown:
I got my CCO today, so of course the first thing I did was run out and install it. I was getting really frustrated at first because I could NOT get the thing to tighten down - I could move it at least 8 inches! Finally I figured out I had to twist the buckle stalk down as it was interfering. 2 full twists and that brought me a perfect install in the middle seat. I already had 1 radian outboard behind driver and I grabbed my other RN and installed it passenger.

These 3 go together so well that I can actually use LATCH to install the outboard seats! All are independently tight. And yes, I love the colors together! :love:

DSCN0071.jpg

DSCN0073.jpg

View from the front seat
DSCN0078.jpg

Both Radians are tethered to the track of the seat in front.
DSCN0076.jpg

ADS

Dillipop

I was so excited to see the words Hyundai Elantra mixed with 3-across when I hovered over your thread. Unfortunately, I need a rfer, ffer, and booster to fit...

Just a quick note about the CCO install, though- if you aren't routing the seatbelt around the back, I believe it just lays across the seat in front of it. It doesn't come back through the belt path like other seats.

Aurezalia

I was so excited to see the words Hyundai Elantra mixed with 3-across when I hovered over your thread. Unfortunately, I need a rfer, ffer, and booster to fit...

Just a quick note about the CCO install, though- if you aren't routing the seatbelt around the back, I believe it just lays across the seat in front of it. It doesn't come back through the belt path like other seats.

I did previously get a FF RN, RF KF, and a HBTB to fit in there. TB was crap to buckle, but they fit. They'd probably fit even better if you replace the KF with a CCO or the TB with a skinnier booster.

Thanks for the tip about the seatbelt! Mine isn't long enough to route along the back and the manual wasn't clear about where the shoulder belt goes, just "lay along seat back." I'll go fix it now. :)

Dillipop

I did previously get a FF RN, RF KF, and a HBTB to fit in there. TB was crap to buckle, but they fit. They'd probably fit even better if you replace the KF with a CCO or the TB with a skinnier booster.

Thanks for the tip about the seatbelt! Mine isn't long enough to route along the back and the manual wasn't clear about where the shoulder belt goes, just "lay along seat back." I'll go fix it now. :)

I'm working with the CCO, RN, and trying to find a booster to work with it. So far, I'm not having any luck.

What year is your elantra? I had plenty of belt to route it behind the seat in my 05. Are you using the rearfacing locking clip?

Aurezalia

Mine is an 03, which I think is your problem. With the redesign in 05 the backseat got even smaller. Any chance you'd be willing to re-harness your 7yo? I'd bet you could get a 2 FF RN's outboard and a RF CCO middle? If not, I think a HBTB, CCO, and FF RN will work, it'll just be hell to buckle the booster and you'd probably have to do it for him everytime. I'm not sure which booster is skinnier than the TB, I don't have any booster riders as of yet so it's not my forte.

And you're right, once I routed the shoulder portion correctly I did have enough belt to route along the back.

DSCN0080.jpg

Are belts allowed to be locked when using a lock-off? The belt is literally *just* long enough to route along the back, but it also engages the locking mechanism at the retractor.

Dillipop

Aurezalia;1429299 Are belts allowed to be locked when using a lock-off? The belt is literally *just* long enough to route along the back said:
Yes, I believe it can be locked. However, you may have a problem with it tightening over time, therefore pulling the back of the CCO toward the vehicle seat. If that starts to happen, I'd just lay the belt against the seat and lock it there so baby can't get tangled in it.

Aurezalia

Yes, I believe it can be locked. However, you may have a problem with it tightening over time, therefore pulling the back of the CCO toward the vehicle seat. If that starts to happen, I'd just lay the belt against the seat and lock it there so baby can't get tangled in it.

I think I'm going to do that tomorrow anyway. I'd like to be able to put B in from either side of the car without worrying about the belt interfering.

Very cute!

Your CCO looks too upright to me :eek:

Hmmm... I don't think so. The line is level or just *barely* off level as far as I know. I'm going to mess around with it some more tomorrow anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC