Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Best boosters for sleeping

What are they?

Got pics?
    Shanna - Paramedic & Mom
    Trenton (19), Michael (17), Gabriel (15), Miss Abigail (12), Kaleigh (10), and Caleb (8) - Evenflo booster

They just don't make em like they used to.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Jennifer mom to my 7's Avatar

Re: Best boosters for sleeping

You mean like this?

Whatever Wendy said

"No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you, after all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

But, but, but.... That's my one that broke. /whine

I love the OS PW for sleeping. I shall miss it.
    Shanna - Paramedic & Mom
    Trenton (19), Michael (17), Gabriel (15), Miss Abigail (12), Kaleigh (10), and Caleb (8) - Evenflo booster

Recaro Vivo... its our "go to long trip booster" for sure...
    Kate - Mom to 2 boys! - CPST

It's off! Yipee!

definitely the recaro vivo

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos

DD's never fallen asleep in a booster. In fact, I can count on one hand, snoozing in her Regent.

However, if it's any consolation, her best friend has nodded off several times in our Monterey. Quickest was within 5 minutes of getting on the road at 3pm on a sunny bright day. She was 7 1/2 at the time. Tucked her head back into the corner and was out like a light. No head bobble. DD was a bit freaked out since she has never any desire to sleep.

Sorry, no picts. I was driving.
    My Munchkin -- Nov 2008--5 years, 45.5", 42lbs
    Current Stats: 12 years old /5'5/ 115lbs/ Seatbelt

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Phillip K. Dick

Carseat Crazy

That's the way my oldest DD sleeps in her Turbobooster. Its almost like "how is that even comfortable?" She slept like that for about an hour on our last road trip.

Vivo, Monterey, likely the probooster too. My kids sleep in their vivos all the time.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

Son sleeps in his Monterey. Sorry, no pics.
    17yrs, 15yrs, 13yrs, 11yrs , 9yrs (58", 75lbs, Incognito), 7yrs (46", 50lbs, Dreamtime), 5yrs (41", 35lbs, RN), 3yrs (30lbs, RF Marathon), NB (Peg 4-35)
    '14 Mazda5, '06 Chevy Express, '08 Toyota Tundra

Benjamin sleeps fine in the monterey, sorry no pics. I don't think he has slept in the pro booster but I suspect he would sleep fine in it.

Emily tech and mom to Jacob 16, Daniel 13, Benjamin 9, Elizabeth 6. Child care provider to 4 other kiddos.

She's home now and has an opinion.

Her first choice is the monkey Oobr. (So not happening unless someone can give me a darn good reason to spend $300 on just a booster.)

Her second choice is the Girls Rock Turbo booster.

But I know she just likes the patterns on these best. I still want to get her the FR and let her use it harnessed since she gets floppy when she sleeps AND she can buckle herself in and out. I have to help her in a booster since her seat is right next to CJ's.
    Shanna - Paramedic & Mom

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

My 7 year old is a car sleeper. She's okay in her Turbo when she sleeps in it, but she's got such a skinny little build (and enough room to grow) that I think I'm getting her a Cybex X-Fix when we get a van and have room. She would LOVE being able to lean her head back when she gets sleepy!
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Kate sleeps in her turbo sometimes. I actually think the new Boost air would be a great option for sleeping...the headwings, ridiculous as they might *look* really curve all the way around the head, and the child can lean their head against the nice cushy Air pillows...we've tried it in the store several times, and DD says she REALLY likes it and wants one.

Alex, 8 Katie, 12 and Annabelle Jan 2017

Senior Community Member

We drove to Florida from NY and back and DD did not sleep for a single minute the entire way.

But she has slept in a TB and an (old) PW and a (discontinued) Monarch.