Refresh my memory-Do Britax boosters expire in 6 yrs also?

Yoshi

The reason I am asking is because I LOVE the Parkway, and always thought I'd get DD one when she meets the requirements and is mature enough....like in 3 yrs or so. But now that I read on the Lifesavers thread that Britax will be discontinuing them, I am sad....I wanted a cowmoo one. Anyway, I don't like the Monarch, so I really hope they come out with a nicer booster in the next 3 yrs, LOL!!! If I bought one now, would it expire in 2012? Then she would only get 2 yrs out of it if I keep her in a harnessed seat until 2010. Bummer.:crying:

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
The reason I am asking is because I LOVE the Parkway, and always thought I'd get DD one when she meets the requirements and is mature enough....like in 3 yrs or so. But now that I read on the Lifesavers thread that Britax will be discontinuing them, I am sad....I wanted a cowmoo one. Anyway, I don't like the Monarch, so I really hope they come out with a nicer booster in the next 3 yrs, LOL!!! If I bought one now, would it expire in 2012? Then she would only get 2 yrs out of it if I keep her in a harnessed seat until 2010. Bummer.:crying:

Shoot! I wanted the Parkway as well for when DS is older. He is only turning 3 this year and I was hoping to get another 2 years (fingers crossed) out of his MA. But if they give it 18-24 months I might have to look at getting one before they are all gone :crying: Remember I am in Canada and we don't have as many options, but hopefully they come out with something better to replace it and then I won't have to worry about it :D

Is the Compass booster as good as the Parkway?

:mad: :crying:

Oh well!
^I'm with you there :crying:

scatterbunny

Is the Compass booster as good as the Parkway?

The Compass B510 (not the other versions) is awesome! :D

It adjusts only as tall as a Turbo, though--not as tall as the Britax boosters.

It's wider than the Turbo and Parkway, so it doesn't work in three-across as well.

The torso wings on the Compass are nonexistent, but the headwings on the Compass (only B510) are just as deep as the Parkway's headwings, only not as angled inward and close to the head.

Aside from those things, we prefer the Compass because it has more leg support/deeper seating area, fully enclosed, padded back even when fully adjusted, flip-up armrests and better shoulderbelt guides.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
The Compass B510 (not the other versions) is awesome! :D

It adjusts only as tall as a Turbo, though--not as tall as the Britax boosters.

It's wider than the Turbo and Parkway, so it doesn't work in three-across as well.

The torso wings on the Compass are nonexistent, but the headwings on the Compass (only B510) are just as deep as the Parkway's headwings, only not as angled inward and close to the head.

Aside from those things, we prefer the Compass because it has more leg support/deeper seating area, fully enclosed, padded back even when fully adjusted, flip-up armrests and better shoulderbelt guides.

WOW! That is pretty impressive!
Okay, now I can't remember which Compass booster is in Canada!? I just saw it yesterday at Zellers but it was in the box so I juse briefly glanced at it. Anyone know if the CompassB510 is available in Canada?

becca011906

Senior Community Member
crap, i don't come around enough... can someone point me to a thread with info on them discoutinuing them... please... i needed to get one for abby, and it has to be NO arm rests to fit three across in my land rover... she's almost 5 and only has about 3/4" left in the radian.

LuvBug

*Why* would a booster expire? I get why a harnessed seat expires, but a booster seems a bit different, no?

the reason a harness seat expires is because the degrading plastic, so it would be no different with a booster made of the same plastic. It also will degrade, so maybe in a crash it would crumble/crack/shatter and cause problems.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
They do expire in 6 years because of the grade of plastic -- boosters do help absorb some crash forces (remember that hip bones do not mature until puberty)....

I think we should all write Britax & push them to recreate the Parkway into a dedicated combination seat :cool!: Same basic shell, just add a harness :2thumbsup: (& obviously whatever strength is required for the harness, LOL)

We like the Compass B510 just as much as the Parkway, but for different reasons. Both have deep head wings (just angled differently) & meet European side impact standards :thumbsup: but the PW is taller & fits better in narrow arrangements while the B510 is nicer for travel & their customer service rocks! I believe fit depends on the child because Leila could sit further back in the PW than Hayley so she had as much leg support in it as the B510.

scatterbunny

Parkway as a combo seat would ROCK!!!

Yes, I think Hayley is a bit broader than Leila, so maybe that accounts for more leg support in the Compass? Maybe she just can't scrunch back far enough in the Parkway? Interesting concept, I'd never thought of it before, and might need to check and see if she is not sitting all the way back at her bum. :scratcheshead:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
There was one pic you posted, Jenny that looked like she was sort of cock-eyed at the back of the PW ... because it's narrow :confused: :question: :scratcheshead:

beeman

WOW! That is pretty impressive!
Okay, now I can't remember which Compass booster is in Canada!? I just saw it yesterday at Zellers but it was in the box so I juse briefly glanced at it. Anyone know if the CompassB510 is available in Canada?

Its the Compass B505C here at zellers. When I looked at the web page, I think it's the same specs as the B500, not he B510. So hopefully the Canadian version of the B510 comes out here soon, because I've heard that some users of this board don't like the B500 as well as the B510.

Synchro246

the reason a harness seat expires is because the degrading plastic, so it would be no different with a booster made of the same plastic. It also will degrade, so maybe in a crash it would crumble/crack/shatter and cause problems.

See here's what I'm thinking. 6 years for harnessed seats I get because there are a few points of extreme stress exerted by the harness, but I would think it would take much more degradeation for a booster to fail. Are there points of stress on a booster? It just seems like they wouldn't have the handful of hot-spots of stress in an accident--it seems more even. KWIM?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC