My growing kids

aeormsby

I weighed my kids yesterday because I wanted to make sure DD hadn't had a huge weight gain (last I checked she was around 36lbs). I needed to rearrange carseats for the weekend and wanted her to ride in the Uptown. She's 38lb, and she's even with the top harness slots. I guess this will be her last rides in the Uptown (DS usually uses it RF). And since DD was standing on the scale DS wanted to also and he's 28lb :eek: He was 25-26lb last time he stood on the scale (and he likes to check his 'number' I don't remember how long it's been though). So I'm thinking he might be FF around the same time DD did, not long after he turns 3 - DD was also 28lb when she turned 3 and had a 3lb gain shortly after. Since we have 33lb RF Marathons and the kids sneak in a couple extra lbs without me noticing I don't like to push it.

No real point other than my surprise at both of their weight gains. I guess it shouldn't surprise me, they've both grown about 1 1/2" over the summer too. Now I'm wondering if I should look at a combo seat for DS once he's FF though, the MA's are so reclined in my SUV when FF. Hmmmm, it's been over a year since I bought a carseat....

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC