Fisher Price Safe Voyage BOOSTER owners

scatterbunny

Can you measure yours for me? I'd like to know how tall it is, from the seating area to the shoulderbelt guide, on the highest setting. :)

Thanks in advance!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
You knooooooowwww...Jenny...I think it's shorter than the SRC... and... I might have a reason to get rid of my pretty paisley SRC someday....and I would love to see it go to a worthy home..... All's I'm sayin' is, you're tops on my list of new homes for it :D. I'll drag IT out and see what the tallest setting's shoulderbelt height is on my next foray out to the garage to mess with seats (I've been meaning to, anyway...)

scatterbunny

Wow, thanks Julie! :p I was hoping to get Tiffany's backless SRC, but I would MUCH prefer the highback, and Pretty Paisley would knock Hayley's socks off! Her friend from kindergarten has a Pretty Paisley Bodyguard, and when Hayley saw her get dropped off in that she went CRAZY and insisted we talk to the girl and her mom about it. :p I ended up spending over an hour in the parking lot with the mom after the girls went to class.

Kat (on BBC) insists that the FPSV booster is taller than the SRC; that it's as tall as the Turbo. :confused: I had never heard that, and there's a poor confused lady on BBC trying to find a narrow booster for three-across in a Scion Xb. She's got two backless Turbos and needs a highback, IIRC. She tried a highback Turbo and it didn't work. I suggested a Parkway, but others suggested the FPSV. The person asking the question likes the Compass, but I told her it is NOT narrow and NOT good for three-across.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Wow, thanks Julie! :p I was hoping to get Tiffany's backless SRC, but I would MUCH prefer the highback, and Pretty Paisley would knock Hayley's socks off! Her friend from kindergarten has a Pretty Paisley Bodyguard, and when Hayley saw her get dropped off in that she went CRAZY and insisted we talk to the girl and her mom about it. :p I ended up spending over an hour in the parking lot with the mom after the girls went to class.

Kat (on BBC) insists that the FPSV booster is taller than the SRC; that it's as tall as the Turbo. :confused: I had never heard that, and there's a poor confused lady on BBC trying to find a narrow booster for three-across in a Scion Xb. She's got two backless Turbos and needs a highback, IIRC. She tried a highback Turbo and it didn't work. I suggested a Parkway, but others suggested the FPSV. The person asking the question likes the Compass, but I told her it is NOT narrow and NOT good for three-across.

Oooh yeah, ditch the Turbos...way too wide... I don't know why Kat didn't believe me when I told her the SRC was taller, but oh well, it's almost impossible to find, so no biggie :shrug-shoulders: The FP is definitely as narrow as the SRC, and I almost would like to try a Monarch in a tight three across, the lapbelt path under the armrests is *really* narrow on the narrowest setting, and of course it can be used backless... Anyway... I digress.. I'll try to see how tall this thing is to make sure Hayley has loads of growing room (Bitsy has TONS of growing room, and I guess they are about the same size)

:)

scatterbunny

Yes, I think Bitsy and Hayley are similar in size. :)

I wouldn't let what Kat said bother me, except she's making it sound like the FPSV booster is wonderful because it's as tall as the Turbo--and I do not think this is the case. I'd like to find out for sure, anyway.

You think the Monarch's torso wings would work in three-across well? Those wings just seem so wide to me!

scatterbunny

Here's what Kat said:

When I tried it (FPSV booster) in the store before purchasing it for 50 bucks (49 dollars on sale... YIPEEE)... I used Damian as the model... because he's so tall he's completely past the shoulder guide on all graco and evenflo boosters (let's not touch the cosco issue)

He actually had 1/4" before his shoulder was at the top of the guide... so he could TECHNICALLY use it with the back... but I tend to go by the bottom of the guide, so I wouldn't use it with him since I already have a taller booster (the parkway)

I clearly need to get the back for the turbo and take comparison pics of all 3 boosters.

The old starriser comfy was supposed to go to 53" (like the Regent does), but the FPSV booster goes to 57"

:confused: I am so confused!

But a narrow booster is definitely going to be needed, because I'm downsizing to a sedan again, hopefully a Taurus, and I'm HOPEFULLY going to be able to do the Husky in the center and fit a FPSV booster or SRC outboard for when I need to take one of Hayley's friends somewhere with us and not have to move Hayley outboard.

musicmaj

Yes, it is definitely shorter. In fact, my 6 year old has a long torso and just had a growth spurt. She won't fit in it too much longer. Her torso is now 17.5 .

I wonder how tall the real britax src is?

scatterbunny

Kat just will not believe me. She's got a FPSV booster and insists her boy who was too tall for a Turbo fits in the FPSV booster, and is supposed to take pics. :confused:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Kat just will not believe me. She's got a FPSV booster and insists her boy who was too tall for a Turbo fits in the FPSV booster, and is supposed to take pics. :confused:
Ah hah, I understand...she thinks the standing height limits have *anything* to do with the back height! Um... nope... that 53 inch limit on the SRC is totally stupid (43 inch minimum limit, anyone following THAT IRL???). I could see maybe the FP and Turbo are similar, but the SRC is really taller (I took stroller pictures last night, I'll have to get to the booster pictures hopefully tonight, since cliff took everything out of the Escape...grr)

:D

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Chiming in late but just wanted to agree with Julie and say that the FP booster is MUCH shorter than the SR/C. I checked it out at BabyDepot recently because they had it on sale for $49 but I was really disappointed when I realized how short it was on it's tallest setting. I don't have my SR/C anymore but I owned one for years and got great use out of it. I have a picture of the SR/C being used in my old Taurus (on or close to it's highest height setting) but I can't access my old geocities page ATM. Jenny - I'll email you with a link when I'm able to access the page.

Kecia

scatterbunny

Thanks, Kecia! We're strongly leaning towards a Taurus right now, should be going to check out a few on Sunday, so that picture would be great! :)

What year was your Taurus, again?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC