go go kidz and MA

kate4478

remind me again, I can keep the gogo kidz on while in the plane?? Seems like I remember reading that before. :confused: Evertime DS has flow we were able to use his safe seat. He now has finally outgrown it. He used it for our last flight at 21 months. :D He is now 3 1/2 and we are taking our spare MA with the gogo kidz. We have been having it for a long time but never used it yet and I can't seem to find the manual at the moment. :rolleyes: We move 4 weeks ago and I'm still missing alot of things. And I think I remember someone saying to get a seatbelt extender for the plane right? We are leaving tomorrow and of course I'm just trying to figure all this out! :eek: Anyways, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :D

ADS

jessclear

yes, you can use gogo kids on the plane; just not in the car.
yes, you will need a seat belt extender. First, you take the buckle on the airplane seat and tighten it as far as it will go - so that the 'latch plate' is as close to the seatbite as possible. Then buckle the extender in and tighten that part as much as you can. Hope that makes sense. It's easy to figure out once you see it. One latch plate has to sit outside of the carseat so you can easily unbuckle it upon landing.

One warning: If you get an airport where the seat and wheels won't fit the security belt opening, you either need to detach the gogo kids and put them through separately or ask them to scan it like they would a stroller. If that happens, use your judgment as to what will take less time or will be more convenient for you to do. This has happened to us about 4 times out of 10.
Good luck!

finally, I have the old style gogo kids so it's a pain to unscrew it each and every time. I have started using a luggage cart recently with bungy ties and it's faster to attach/detach. And, it works with my Radian, where as the gogo kids doesn't. HTH!

kate4478

Thanks Jess! It is the old style gogo kids. Good news our airport is sooooo small there are only 3 terminals and I think there only use 2 of them. Lol, like the person helping you with checking in and getting tickets is the person that scans your ticket to get on the plane. Lol, that small! They always make me take down the stroller and put it through the machine so I can imagine they will make me take apart the carseat/gogo kids. :( But since it's not busy I won't have to worry about DS running away while all this is happeing and we can have help all the way up to security so maybe my MIL can just hold the carseat and Ill worry about putting it back together once we go through security. Thanks for all the helpful tips!! :D

Eclipsepearl

I use a metal luggage cart and very loosely attach the Radian until I get to security. Dd walks and it's usually not very far. I don't even ask and put both the seat and the cart through separately in the X-ray machine, anchoring it down better after security. Then dd could ride in it when she still could.

rachelandtyke

Whenever I've flown alone with the kids, I've used the GogoKidz (all trips but this last one were with my Blvd). I've never had to unscrew it myself. Some scanners it fits in, often they will do a hand check, when they won't hand check it, the person trying to fit it through usually unscrewed it and screwed it back for me (even at a big airport like Washington-Dulles), so maybe they'll do that for you?

Mummy2Summer

I was made to take mine off (by the air steward) it wasn't worth the argument so I just took it off.

But yes according to the manual you can.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC