Monterey now bothering daughter

mrs_teeee67

The 'mesh' part of the seat is now 'hurting' her. I was going to purchase a piece of flannel to lay over it; I thought the skooter she had on was just too short. HOWEVER, the next day she wore long bball shorts and still complained, so now, I'm just bumfuzzled.

Admitedly, we just traveled across country, so lots of 'time' in the seat each day but I'm worried if this continues to be a problem.... has anyone else had trouble? solutions?

ADS

mrs_teeee67

no one? I guess maybe that means her skin was just extra sensitive due to the long days. If it's really too harsh, surely others would have complained

mrs_teeee67

I can't figure out if it's a 'real' problem or a travel problem. She's been in the seat for several months and hasn't griped. However, we drove a LONG way this week (1800 miles) but she's also gained a few pounds due to her medical troubles, so I'm worried it's a 'real' problem now and if those shorts don't 'protect' her skin, a thin piece of flannel surely isn't going to help. Even if it's 'just' a travel problem, I sure hate it and wish I could find a solution, since we still have two more days of driving full days, and many other short trips, before we even start BACK on the 1800

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I bet the long trip has something to do with it. When you stop at rest areas, what do you guys do? I find it helps to throw a frisbee around or something. Just a couple minutes of activity before getting back in the car.

mrs_teeee67

We shop, she plays at McDonald's playground... go in and potty, look around the marts and such. We're definitely taking it slower on the way home. I had planned the trip to be done in 3 days,, ended up too tired and stayed an extra night at a hotel.

On the way back, I am NOT facing into the sun for hours, so we'll be stopping about 5 or 6 in the evening those days I think. Straight into the setting sun would be misery for me

ginny4

thankfully my kids (boys) never seemed to have any trouble with the mesh but we also never traveled like you are currently doing. i'd try the flannel.

i got the pink cover (old style) for my DD & That is not mesh it is that suede material. i don't know if she was ever uncomfortable with mesh

mrs_teeee67

Finally got back online at one of our stops and see more responses. Thank you all for helping. She hasn't complained on the shorter trips, so I think before we head back out on the 'long parts', we'll be stopping at a fabric store. Appears to not be a problem on short spurts, which would explain why at home it's never been an issue.

:)

emandbri

Do send an e-mail to sunshine kids and tell them they need to make a non mesh cover. Tell them to make Floral, I'll need a floral monterey cover in 2 years. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC