Would you replace this seat?

glockchick

DD's parkway seems to be hit and miss with the headrest staying up lately. Sometimes it's fine and others I have to play with it a lot before it will catch. Like this afternoon I adjusted her head rest up so the shoulder belt fit her better and could NOT get it to catch. It took me about 15 minutes of jiggling and prodding and now it seems ok, but I'm not sure if I trust it to stay.

Would you replace it or wait until it won't stay ever?

ADS

NVMBR02

If I didn't have another seat to use I would start looking for a replacement and keep using it for now. If I had a spare seat I would keep using until the headrest doesn't stay up. I would not want to be in a situation where I was left without a seat though.

glockchick

I do have a Turbo, but it expires ..... holy crap! It expires in a week. (Had to go look. ;))

So no, I guess I don't have a back up for her.

She wants a red Frontier, so maybe I'll use this as an excuse to get it for her. ;)

Though I guess once I get the RNs for the little kids I could let Abi use one of those and leave CJ in his MA if the PW gives up the ghost for good. Assuming I can get them installed correctly and all.

Pixels

Turbos are Graco seats, which normally expire in December of the sixth year, not six years exactly. Are you sure it expires next week?

glockchick

Ok, then I guess it would expire in Dec. The DOM is 9/23/04. I forgot the Dec of the 6th year part. I'll go check the manual on that one.

Grrr. I just read the manual front to back and can't find anything about expiration dates.

glockchick

Ok, the DOM sticker says 9-23-04. The date molded into the plastic is 4-10-03.

Which do I go by? Because if it's the plastic age, it's already expired.

Screw it. I don't feel comfortable with it not knowing. I'll get her a new seat. Or at least start earnestly looking.

Pixels

Molded into the plastic on the back of the seat, "Do not use after December 2010" usually on Gracos.

glockchick

Might it be hidden by the cover?

I can find the sticker on the underside of the base and the stamped date on the adjuster bar, but that's it without undressing it.

christineka

Grrr. I just read the manual front to back and can't find anything about expiration dates.

I've had three turbos- doms in '04, '05, and '07 and not one of them have had a molded expiration date nor was there any mention of expiration in any of the manuals. I called Graco and was told 6 years. You go by the dom on the label.

ownedbyhorses

Can't you use the bottom of the HBB for longer?
Can you contact the company about the other seat. I would even if it is older. So they know this is happening.

emandbri

The nautilus can be used longer as a backless but the turbos can't.

I would replace it, I replaced my parkway with a probooster when the headrest would no longer stay up.

If you want a new parkway slide guard you could call britax, in the past they have sold slide guards at a reduced rate to folks with broken parkways but it depends on who you get on the phone. I didn't want a slide guard so I got the pro booster instead but I was able to get the pro booster for the tech price otherwise I might have gone with a side guard.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC