Frontier 85 help

LM4M

CPST Instructor
DD1 fits well in the 85, we tried it today at BRU. The only problem I see is, the third to top position is just under her shoulders. The second from top position is a teeny smidge above her shoulders (and I mean barely), the top position is about an inch or so above her shoulders.

With that amount of growing room, would you buy it? She's 7, she's got a super long torso. I don't know if when she grows it will be all legs, or what... because right now she's all torso and short legs. I can't decide if I should buy it, or should I buy the monterey? Part of me says go with the Monterey because of her size, but on the flip side- I already had to take away her turbo because she kept leaning out of position when we were driving, so I'd rather have her in a harness (but the cost of a frontier may not be justified if shes only going to use the harness for a short time).

She is currently riding in a Radian65, and she's over the top slots, but ears are still below the shell (she also fits height and weight-wise), but obviously she's pushing the limit. She's 61-62 pounds.

Any input?

ADS

babyherder

Ugh. Just make her ride in the trunk (jk!). Or try the Frontier 85 in your car before you decide either way.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
Ugh. Just make her ride in the trunk (jk!). Or try the Frontier 85 in your car before you decide either way.

I have a regent, so I'm fairly confident the fit will be similar to how it fits in the car. I am usually pretty good at making decisions, but I have been going back and forth about this. I just wonder how long she'll be able to use the harness?

monstah

My DS fits about the same and I got it for him, expecting it to last about one year. But he was a little older than 4.5. If he was 5.5+, I wouldn't have. But he sits in a booster like a perfect angel.
I can see why you are having such a hard time..... Did you see how well she fits in booster mode? That's what clinched it for me. My DS fits amazing in it as a booster so I plan on using it to the limits.

babyherder

If you have a regent, why do you need a Frontier 85? Can you not use the Regent? I'm sure you have a good reason but I would try to make the seat I already have work so I don't have to worry about spending more money on a seat that might not get a lot of use.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
If you have a regent, why do you need a Frontier 85? Can you not use the Regent? I'm sure you have a good reason but I would try to make the seat I already have work so I don't have to worry about spending more money on a seat that might not get a lot of use.

Because her turbo is a piece o crap (in my opinion) and I'd like to be able to have a seat that turns into a booster without buying two seats. The regent works fine, just need to upgrade at some point.

babyherder

Well, if the Regent and the Frontier 85 give her the same amount of harness room I would use the Regent until she outgrows the harness and then buy a dedicated booster. Something other than the TB.

Or go with what safeinthecar said. She has a good point.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
You have lots of little's to pass it down to..... *enables*

hehe now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

New seats are like new toys to my kids. The littles had a meltdown when Kendall tried out the 85 in store. Now they both want new seats because their old seats (myrides) had cup holders and their radians don't. Hmm, maybe I need two Nauti's, too? :p

Splash

Yeah, I'd buy it. She'll get another year out of the harness and then plenty of time in a booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC