Question Please help me choose new seats!

U

Unregistered

I drive a 2005 Tahoe with three rows of seats. Currently in the second row I have a just turned seven year old in a Britax Frontier and a 19 month old rear facing in a Britax Decathalon. I can keep my seven year old using the Frontier. I am wanting to get my 19 month old a new seat as his will expire next year and I also want to get him something with some sort of side to side head restraint like the frontier has. I also have an eleven year old who sits in this second row as well. There is currently no crowding going on for the eleven year old but the two car seats are side by side and do touch each other.

Another thing I am babysitting a three year old and want to get a car seat to place in the third row for her. Currently in her mother's car she is forward facing in a harnessed booster, so I will allow her to forward face but want the safest seat I can get. Is another Frontier a good idea or is there something better out there? Or maybe I can pass the Frontier to her and buy something else for my seven year old?

So I need suggestions for seats! One for a 19 month old (26 pounds) and one for a 3 year old, possibly one for the seven year old if I pass his Frontier down to the three year old. Money is not an issue so please suggest what you think is the safest for these kids ages and our car. These seats will be installed once and left so I have no worries about hard to install seats either.
Thanks for your helpful suggestions!

ADS

MomToEliEm

Does your 7 year old use the frontier in harness mode or booster mode? If he is using it as a booster, it might be good to get him a dedicated highback booster and pass the frontier down to the 3 year old.

For the 19 month old, there are many choices, though his current seat is a great choice since you have it installed rearfacing. If it were me, I would probably keep using the decathlon rearfacing and see what new seats are released next year when the decathlon expires. If you really want to buy a new seat now, you may want to look at the Complete air, My Ride, or the Radian. Take a trip to Babies R Us or other baby store to try out some different seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC