Rf Radian reviews

my6jewels

Hi! I haven't been here in a long time and have had to add another carseat to my van ;-) By the recommendations on this board I bought a Radian for my now 4 y.o. when they first came out. My newbie is almost 6 mos old, 16-17# and probably just over 26" tall. I hate the Evenflo Embrace I have for him and can't upgrade fast enough! I'm pretty sure I want another Radian as I have 3 other carseats in the van and the Radian seems to be the best on space. I read some reviews that weren't very positive on rf. Have any of you rf a Radian with a nice, tight fit? I can either put him in the middle seat, middle row (no front seat in the way) or on a side seat using tether/latch. Btw, I have an '09 Odyssey.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Julie

ADS

Melanie

I'm sure someone will chime in with your exact vehicle.

I think the general issue with RF Radians is that they like to over recline. There's a thread with tips on how to help overcome this. IME, it's possible to get it nice and tight, but it takes some effort in a lot of vehicles.

The new Superlatch helps a lot. I have a 3.5 yo RF in a Radian. I like it enough to put up with it's quirks. I wouldn't want to move it around on a regular basis though.

soccer_widow

I have installed a RF Radian in my Odyssey in every seating position except the "plus one" 8th seat(never had the need). Remember that Radians can be braced against the captain's chairs or driver's seat(not passenger seat due to advanced airbags). This gives me more room.

my6jewels

Thanks for the comments. I searched the older posts til late last night and came across a post about the 8th seat. Some havev used it well rf so I will give it a try AND remove the armrest! That never even dawned on me!
I forgot the Radian can be put up against a captain seat but the baby is not quite 6 mos. so I'd rather he was in the middle.

Thanks ladies! I love this site!

Julie

soccer_widow

I forgot the Radian can be put up against a captain seat but the baby is not quite 6 mos. so I'd rather he was in the middle.

The fact that he is RF makes him safer than any FF kid in the car. I would rather put a FF kid in the middle, and a RF kid outboard, regardless of age.[/QUOTE]

aring7279

My twins have radian xtsl's in my 09 odyssey and they fit well for us. One is in the captain's chair behind the driver, the other is in the captain's chair in the "center" (we removed the plus one seat so we could have access to the 3rd row). The front seats are scooted up a bit closer than normal but we make it work. DH is 6' and I am 5' 8". Here is a pic. The one behind the passenger seat is barely touching the seat but not braced at all

Last edited:

NannyMom

The fact that he is RF makes him safer than any FF kid in the car. I would rather put a FF kid in the middle, and a RF kid outboard, regardless of age.

Except that there's no tether anchor for a FF harnessed seat in that position ;)

However, that plus 1 seat is so flat, and hard, I imagine the Radian might be over reclined. Though, I've never tried it.

my6jewels

Thanks ladies! I decided to go ahead with the Radian80sl and will put it outboard. My 12 y.o. fits the Plus 1 seat well so the little bit that we are even in the car, everyone will be good.

Btw, am I allowed to post carseat sales here?? The place I ordered it from has their seats on sale plus you can use a 20% off code. I got the $269 seat for $215 plus tax. Pretty good deal, I thought!

Thanks again!
Julie

sunnymw

Thanks ladies! I decided to go ahead with the Radian80sl and will put it outboard. My 12 y.o. fits the Plus 1 seat well so the little bit that we are even in the car, everyone will be good.

Btw, am I allowed to post carseat sales here?? The place I ordered it from has their seats on sale plus you can use a 20% off code. I got the $269 seat for $215 plus tax. Pretty good deal, I thought!

Thanks again!
Julie

Where did you find it? It may be helpful to post it in the shopping/deals section of the board as well :)

my6jewels

I went to the Sunshine kids site and there was a Baby Viva link. That's where I found it but now it doesn't show the CAR20 code for 20% off. Hmmm...not sure what to think. It's only showing a 10% off code now. Strange.

Julie

my6jewels

I found it again. If you go right to the baby viva site, click on the radians and you'll see the code in the description. Yay!

Julie

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC