How many of you consider 'matching' when picking out seats?

mommygraham

Now that we're getting a van this week and I don't have to worry about fitting 3-across, I decided to get DD1 a nautilus and pass the XT down to DD2. So, DS has the eclipse XTSL and DD2 will have the malibu XT, and I'm torn between the daisy nautilus and the rachel nautilus. Actually, I think I like the rachel better, but I'm thinking I'll just let DD1 pick herself. How sad is it that I almost don't want her to have the option because I *think* I like one better than the other? It's her seat. It shouldn't matter how all 3 seats looks amongst eachother. But somehow, it does matter. Hehe!

Which do you prefer? Daisy or Rachel?

ADS

skylinphoto

If you want the one you want, just dont let her see the other options and hype up the one you want..lol.

Or, let her pick it out. She may choose the one you like anyway! Itll make her feel good and ultimately make you feel good to let her pick it out herself.

NannyMom

I choose the seat I want. If it's for older kids (over 5), I give them a choice of the covers I like. If its for a younger, I choose the cover I like, or the cover that'll match others (if there's not 1 that I love).

I prefer Daisy on the GN :)

arly1983

Sorta...usually only the clash of brown and black bother me. Anything else is game so neither of those options would bother me, however, if it bothers you I think you DD would be happy with either.

Pixels

I wouldn't let my child pick out a cover that I hate, but other than that, meh.

I did recently end up accidentally matching covers in my car, and it did look sharp. Took DD to the store in her black and grey ComfortSport to pick up her new black and grey Avenue. For being made by two different companies, they are almost identical. Of course, all that black and grey is in my tan interior, so that's where the matching ended.

Now you've got me thinking, I wonder if the two black and grey seats would fit in a three across with my Grey Mist BabyTrend in DH's grey interior car.

msg221

Sorta...usually only the clash of brown and black bother me. Anything else is game so neither of those options would bother me, however, if it bothers you I think you DD would be happy with either.

Don't look in my car then! My vehicle seats are silver/gray then I have one Retro Geo TFP and a Pink Polka Dotty TFP! I also have a spare seat, a MR in Alma with a spare Edgemont Dots (also black and gray) cover. Oh, and I broke down today and ordered a Marathon 70 in Allison to try in my car, so more brown with black!

Up until now, I have just chosen the seats I like. When the kids are finally to booster age, then I will let them choose which seat they want. But really, I didn't care if the seats matched the vehicle seat/interior or if the seats complemented one another.

glockchick

I let the kids old enough to pick choose what they like. I figure it's their seat, and if them picking it out helps they ride in it more willingly, I'm all for it. :)

arly1983

Don't look in my car then! My vehicle seats are silver/gray then I have one Retro Geo TFP and a Pink Polka Dotty TFP! I also have a spare seat, a MR in Alma with a spare Edgemont Dots (also black and gray) cover. Oh, and I broke down today and ordered a Marathon 70 in Allison to try in my car, so more brown with black!

Up until now, I have just chosen the seats I like. When the kids are finally to booster age, then I will let them choose which seat they want. But really, I didn't care if the seats matched the vehicle seat/interior or if the seats complemented one another.

I also do not wear black with brown...it makes my eye twitch, LOL. :eek:

emandbri

jenfrogmom

I take it a little too far with the matching. We have a hot red pick up truck with black interior, inside is a red and black Frontier and the red and black xtsl. My van has grey seats so I have a rushmore FR 85 and the xtsl that is grey with cirles. I'm sorry I can't remember the names of the seats.

cdncasper

The only thing I care about is if they match the interior. Right now I have a grey interior so I have a cowmoo MA and 2 Granite RN.

Melanie

I ideally like them to match, but I don't go completely out of my way to make it happen.

The last couple seats I matched to the ones I already have. It started with a Red/grey/black Frontier. Then came a Red/black Radian, then a Red/black/grey Vivo.

Sometimes a cowmoo is added to the mix.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
If it happens in our cars, it's not on purpose or deliberate, lol. DH had a "no pink seats in his car" policy, but that's out the window at the moment with a Princess Radian80 currently installed in the Scion xB for DD2. ;)

babyherder

I consider it. But its mostly dreaming. I'm lucky I can afford any seats so I just go with whatever cover is available/cheapest

cat mommy

I get the same seats in coordinating colors. Mainly cause I would never want one of twins to ever think he/she had something "better" or "worse" than the other twin. That''s why I coordinate their clothes too.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I bought all my seats to match the interior of the van (browns).. then I got a new van and the only interior colors available were dark gray or white...so now all my brown seats clash with my gray interior... new covers and harnesses will go on as soon as I have money LOL

cookie123

I like my seats to match with my interior. I prefer gray interior! So far I've only had tan once way back in the day when my choices were limited! I also like my seats to go with each other. I was having a hard time with the pink TB, the brown lizard TB and the gray Radian. I gave the lizard TB to dd for carpooling use in her car or friends. I'm using the FPSV booster, which is black, so that is better. I just have to deal with the pink!

Traquy

I hunted down an Ashley Floral Marathon when I was shopping for DD's last seat because I have an orange car (Honda Element) and wanted a seat that would at least sort of match it. And I'm not a big fan of pink.

3418671886_e6d5c677f6.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC