Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Frankwuit

Dont buy at the ebay shop: stylischfamily

Hello,
    we are living in germany. In may we bought a Britax Frontier at the ebay-shop "the stylishfamily". We never recieved the item. In August i gave the shop a bad feedback at ebay. The seller first time contact me then and promised, to send another seat. The first must be stolen on the way to germany....i get my money back, when the second seat dont arrieved germany!
    I was so silly, to change his feedback in a neutral feedback....because the Michelle from the stylishfamily often asked me for do this...
    The "second" seat i never recieved to...
    And the stylishfamily give me no answeres to my mails....

Attention: Never buy at the ebay-shop: the stylishfamily

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Dont buy at the ebay shop: stylischfamily

When did you order it and do you have a German or an APO address? It can take 2 months for seats to get to military address...

Johnathon 10yrs, 76 lbs, 5-steps
    Seth, 6yrs, 43lbs in Clek Oobr
    River, 4yrs, 38lbs in FR85 and Clek Foonf

Frankwuit

Hi,
    i ordered in may. I think, when the seller really send the seat, she give me an answer at least...Usually the usps will pay for it, when it is really lost.
    I ordered to an usually german adress...
    Kind regards,
    Frank

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

Are US seats legal in Germany? Any chance it could've been held up by customs? That can happen with seats sent in to Canada that aren't certified, so that's why I ask.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. It's tough when something is going through so many mail carriers to know where the fault lies. It could be someone at the mid point decided the seat looked good and just stole it.
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.