Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Ok, I simply can't decide! Help!

2009 Subaru Outback (sounds like it has to be outboard)
    11months, 23lbs, approx 30"H
    Want to RF as long as possible.
    Trying to get most long lasting, safest, comfortable seat.
    If DD remains at 90%ile according to CDC growth chart, she will be 36lbs, 36" by 36 months.
    Britax Boulevard 70, True Fit Premier C670, SK Radian XTSL???
    Have tried Boulevard 70, liked it, but worried that DD will outgrow in height/leg length RF. Came very close to buying TFP, but worried about outgrowing in weight. Radian sounds great, but very doubtful it will fit in car. Thank you for any advice! I have really, really been obsessing too much!
    Am I asking too much? Thank you!!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician

Re: Ok, I simply can't decide! Help!

Subarus aren't the best for carseats, so that may limit you. If you don't get feedback from people with experience with your car then post a new thread with the car model & year in the title.

There are lots of 40# RF weight limit seats out, so if you think your dd will surpass 35# before you're ready to turn her FF, then skip the TFP.

If you want to try seats in your car that you can't find locally, order from someplace with free returns (diapers.com, maybe amazon?) and give the seats a try. A radian would be great if it works in your car, but it might not.

Other seats with a 40# RF weight limit (besides britax 55/70 series and radians) are the evenflo momentum, evenflo triumph 65, graco myride, and safety 1st complete air. Have you tried any of those?

Re: Ok, I simply can't decide! Help!

Thank You! I will repost as you suggested.
    I have looked at the seats you suggested, but I will revisit them. It was my understanding that the Graco My Ride fits well RF, but is a nightmare once you go to FF in Subaru (yes, am painfully aware of Subaru seat issues!).
    Thanks again for your input!