Combi Shuttle 33

emntheboys

I'm in the market for an infant seat but baby will be here late spring so I want something that will be good for the summer. I'm not in love with any of the Snugride 35 prints, and it seems like all of the Onboard 35's are BLACK. What is up with all of these black infant seats? Sheesh.

So I found the Shuttle 33 and am in love with the Jade print (and I'm not gonna lie, I also like the fact that I've never seen another one- gotta be original & all ;))
So is there a specific reason that I don't see much about these seats on this board or is it just because other seats get the job done just as well? If anyone has one I'd like to hear the good, the bad and (hopefully not) the ugly.

Thanks!

ADS

a_js

I had a shuttle 22 and exchanged it for a snugride b/c I could NOT get it out of the base. I would buy one in plenty of time so you have time to exchange if yours has the same issue.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Shuttle 33 is a very cool seat. If you search you'll find some reviews/posts on it. It has some quirks, pros and cons. I love the anti-rebound bar. It requires the handle be UP (also a plus for me.) On the down side, you cannot use the seat without the base past 22 lbs. (so not so good for travel, Grandma's car, etc.)

emntheboys

Thanks for the replies ladies. The no base after 22 lbs rule is not a deal breaker for me.

Does anyone know if it has lockoffs on the base? For $180 regular price it had better :whistle:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It really is a very very nice seat. I've only ever seen one in person, no one close to me carries it. But I like it quite a bit from what I did see. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC