Question Getting prepared for winter

dogmelissa

Today on Motherofasale.com there is a deal on Agoo Fleece jackets. I'm having a hard time resisting getting one for DD, given that they are regular $50 and selling for $15. But then I thought that I should check here: does anyone have any experience with the Agoo fleece jackets and how thick they are? ie, can I use it safely in a car seat? Here is a link to the manufacturer's page on them.

On a related note, I'm also considering the MEC Ursus Bunting Suit 2. Does anyone know if this would be ok in a car seat?

I'm trying to figure out what to do for winter here. As much as I know that anything between her & the harness could compress, unless I idle for 10 minutes to warm up the vehicle (which isn't always possible like if we're out), it's not going to be warm enough all the time to put her in and put a jacket on backwards. Plus DD is a big-time kicker and I'd hate for her to kick off the blanket covering her legs or pull off the backwards jacket because it's not done up and then be cold. Most of the time it's not that cold out but for those really cold days, would the bunting above be ok? Or should I go for the bib-style snow pants?

Thanks in advance,
Melissa

ADS

delgirrrl

Hi Melissa, I can't comment on the suggestions you've made, but another is to get a blanket and cut out holes for all the straps, and rethread the harness through them. Blanket stays in the seat, then you can remove the jacket, strap bubs in and wrap the blanket around her, tucking it in snugly under her.

And on the not-even-remotely-helpful front, here in New Zealand we're gearing up for summer, YAY!!!!!!!!:love:

canadiangie

I really prefer a one piece for as long as possible when it comes to car winter wear. You avoid having to make sure things are laying flat and not bulking up behind baby. Additionally I really like built in pants and feeties. My fave so far is the Ursus suit by mec. I've had one in every size since the girls were big enough to fit the smallest size. I'm really sad that oldest dd is now too tall for the largest Ursus available. Even at 4.5 yo I'd scoop a one piece fleece tomorrow if I could. (feel free to throw me some links if you know of a one piece fleece large enough to fit a kid needing a size 5-6 :whistle:)

So I vote Ursus or equivalent (Columbia makes a good one too) over a jacket.

just my :twocents:

chay

I had an Ursus bunting suit last winter for DD and absolutely loved it. We survived an Ottawa winter with it and I'm originally from Calgary so we did a couple trips out there as well. The hood is shaped really nice and fits great and on colder days the built in hand covers were great. If they aren't walking then the feet also flip over which is so much easier than dealing with mitts and boots. A one piece is so much easier to get on and off and as mentioned there isn't as much stuff to bunch up. I just wish they came in bigger sizes so I could have another one for this year.

amyd

Get the Ursus:thumbsup: They're awesome for the car. I'm so sad that DS is too big for them now. We got him the Yeti fleece from MEC this year but it doesn't come in 1 piece, unfortunately. I do have a 1 piece LL Bean suit that I think will fit him this year.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC