Would you get a Flora XTSL for a boy?

glockchick

The only boy one Kohl's has is brown and boring. Plus maybe this way he wouldn't want to ride in his sister's seat. :whistle: Of course he loves the pink Scenera so I don't know why I'm stressing about a flowery gender neutral colored seat. lol

Would you do it?

ADS

babyherder

Sure. If he likes it and you like it. It seems like you have enough other seats that he wouldn't need to sit in it forever, so if he changes his mind in a few years it will be easy to switch. I would much rather have a flora xtsl than the brown one (Bently?). If anyone questions you can also says you got the flora for YOU!

glockchick

I do have other seats, but this is to keep him rf-ing longer. :)

And I plan to sell the MAs as soon as I know the RNs work in my vehicle. :)

But yes, I think I will do it. It'll complement my tan interior nicely.

glockchick

Any reason I might want to get the 80 over the XT?

I asked Kaleigh and she wants the wings to lay her head on, but CJ can't tell me yet.

I'm slightly worried about the wings pushing their heads forward like the Nauti headrest, but hoping having them to lay on will make up for that.

She does fine in the BLVD that we have.

krasota

I just bought my son a bright pink scenera for travel. He picked it out. Pink makes me twitch (and always has), but it's what he likes and he will be the one riding in it. Since he still fits rearfacing, I won't have to wear sunglasses when I look in the rearview mirror.

brightredmtn

I totally would and almost just did! It's just flowers in what is usually thought of as boy colors. DS picked that cover out too. The only reason why I didn't was because of the white background of the print and that it would likely show dirt very easily. Had the background been a darker color it would have been ours.

brightredmtn

Any reason I might want to get the 80 over the XT?

I asked Kaleigh and she wants the wings to lay her head on, but CJ can't tell me yet.

I'm slightly worried about the wings pushing their heads forward like the Nauti headrest, but hoping having them to lay on will make up for that.

She does fine in the BLVD that we have.

We had a head slump issue when I installed (for the first time) the XTSL FF on a recent airplane trip. I'm confident however that if I had more time to play with the installation I could have gotten a better recline and the head slump wouldn't have been an issue. The head wings have never pused DS's head forward RF.

glockchick

Is it white or cream? Oddly enough, I have no trouble with my cowmoo MAs showing dirt si I hope the rn will be the same.

Dh says it looks like couch upholstry so it's ok. Lol

Heather86

I love love love the flora cover and have almost bought it like 20 times and always ended up with something else. I'd totally buy it for a boy.

amy&girls

My nephew rides in a pink Scenera. :whistle: Its one of my extra seats, and the only one that rear-faces, and fits in the spot I need it to. My sister doesn't care, and my BIL griped a little, so I told him if he cared that much to go buy me a boyish Scenera from Walmart. That was last year, and he still hasn't done it. :thumbsup: Guess he really doesn't care after all. I say if he likes it, then why not?

ownedbyhorses

I would too. I just bought one for my YDD. But, I do plan on putting my YDS in it so he can use the head wings. I am not sure if my YDD will be able to use them yet. So my DD will be in Metro and DS in Flora, lol! The way I figurte it also....You could always try to do a cover swap, or buy a different one down the road, if he changes his mind....Esp. for the price it is at Kolhs right now.
I debated getting the 80...But I really wanted primrose, and they did not have it.

arly1983

I did buy one for a boy and used it with no problems. The colors were more muted than i was expecting and the pattern was not overly frilly or girly, IMHO. I have bought similar shirts (hawanii) for my boys.

luckyclov

*My* boy wouldn't go for it (he shot down the Recaro ProBooster's Blue Opal for being too girly), but if you like it and he likes it, why not?

Chely7425

I TOTALLY would have bought it for my boys except DH would have flipped and they hate head wings... it would have matched my infant seat SO much better!

skylinphoto

My son totally likes pink and purple. His fav colors. Also, daddy's fav colors. lol.

His spare seat is a pink Scenera.

He is currently really jealous of his little sisters new seat because it's pink and brown with flowers on it. :)

Though, I should mention, he's been hanging out with friends more often lately. Some of these friends are older than him and I'm pretty sure he will be swayed to think flowers are for girls only. So, if you get a flowery seat, maybe get a back up cover that's more boyish in case he changes his mind in the future.

glockchick

Ordered. :) They're my "I'm sucking it up and staying in Cal 2 and Physics this semester" seats.

I'm still debating the Frontier for Abigail. :whistle:

Kat_Shoshin

I would and did. Some points:

The cream color part is really a lot darker than I thought it would be.:thumbsup:
The pattern hides stains and dirt really well!
My guy loves it and I tell him the brown ones are chocolate flowers. :p

He did not like it better than the other options - basically he wanted a black car seat - his favorite color - but I find them too hot in the summer and he wasn't going to get what he wanted so I got what I wanted.

It was my mother's day gift from my husband... who is fine with 'girly' whatevers.

Oh and if my kid wants another cover I will just move him to another one of the radians I own. (I have another 65 for my 3 across)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
My little guy loves to ride in his sister's Flora. Then again he also likes to wear their tiaras and dresses ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC