Help choosing a car seat

Auntie2six

I am needing a new car seat for my two nephews to share at my house. My one nephew is going to be four years old in October and has just outgrown his AOE that I had in my car for him. I would say he is about...38 pounds or a little more than that. My other nephew is going on three and is about 35 pounds or even a little less. I was thinking I should get a Nauti but now I am unsure....please help! My limit is $180. Thanks!

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
How similar are their torso heights? Would you be interested in rearfacing either of them?

My initial thought was an Evenflo Triumph 65 -- it's extremely to adjust between kids of different torso heights -- and you could RF the little one (or both of them, actually, if they haven't outgrown it by height.) But if you're going to have them both FFing and their sizes are similar, the Maestro or Nautilus would be a great choice :)

Sunshy9

I had this exact dilema, but figured it out with a My Ride 65. I have a boy that will be 4 in Oct and is over 40lbs and a girl that will be 3 on saturday, 30lbs. Boy fits FF in 2nd from top slots, and girl fits RF in same slots, I got lucky with that one.

Auntie2six

How similar are their torso heights? Would you be interested in rearfacing either of them?

My initial thought was an Evenflo Triumph 65 -- it's extremely to adjust between kids of different torso heights -- and you could RF the little one (or both of them, actually, if they haven't outgrown it by height.) But if you're going to have them both FFing and their sizes are similar, the Maestro or Nautilus would be a great choice :)

I actually just turned them FF in my car. My one nephew was RF in the AOE and my other nephew was RF in the scenera. I am thinking I want to stick with FF'ing from now on. I loved the rearfacing but especially with the 4 year old...its getting harder to squeeze him back there. :)

Auntie2six

I had this exact dilema, but figured it out with a My Ride 65. I have a boy that will be 4 in Oct and is over 40lbs and a girl that will be 3 on saturday, 30lbs. Boy fits FF in 2nd from top slots, and girl fits RF in same slots, I got lucky with that one.

The CA and the MR were actually my other two contenders but I don't like the way the MR looks and I just wasn't sure on the CA since I won't be RF'ing.

melniemi

Where can a Maestro be purchased? Maybe I missed it but I didn't see it on the BabiesRus website or walmart website either...?

amazon.com has it for $60 shipped - says 1-3 months shipping, but others have gotten it much quicker
sears also has it and I think babydepot

babyherder

With $180 to spend I'd get a 40lbs rf scenera and a maestro and just use different seats for both kids. No worrying about adjusting the straps between them!

Auntie2six

With $180 to spend I'd get a 40lbs rf scenera and a maestro and just use different seats for both kids. No worrying about adjusting the straps between them!

I'm only getting one seat because I will only ever have one of my nephews at one time. This won't be an all the time thing either so the seat will be in the house most of the time so it won't be a really big hassle to change the slot height when need be.

Auntie2six

I am leaning more towards the Nautilus because I will only be using it FF'ing. I think it will last them plenty long enough for what I am needing. Would the Nauti be a good choice for me? I am having so much trouble with this but at the same time I am so glad to be done with my AOE and have an excuse to get a new seat! :D

glockchick

I think the Nauti would be great as well. It's easy to install so it's not as big a deal if you have to remove it from the car to change harness heights.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC