My Final 3 Across!!

Chely7425

So, I got my c/s scheduled today (yay October 15th!) which made me realize I should probably like.. get my act together and do all the stuff on my list!! First was to clean my car (like vacuum and crap) and install the carseats. So I did that, decided on the baby outboard because it is the least annoying place for the baby bucket and here are the results!! I must say.. for my evil for carseats car, the Radians are SUCH an easy install!!

de498a8c.jpg

ec78cd1e.jpg

ADS

Mae

What's going on with the seatbelt on the SR? It's stretched out or something.

Looks like maybe it was in a lock-off, folded over? Or maybe the install was tight on the previous seat and it was folded over in the belt path. I'm curious, too.

Chely7425

The "wings" are the body pillows... the manual says they can be used like that so there they are! The kids like :D The seat belt has a weird wrinly in it from the previous carseat that was installed there... not sure why... it is totally tight though!

ame0312

looks good, but those strap covers need to come off the bucket... theyll just get in the way of the harness anyway... didnt the seat come w/ factory covers?

Chely7425

looks good, but those strap covers need to come off the bucket... theyll just get in the way of the harness anyway... didnt the seat come w/ factory covers?

The seat didn't come with factory covers and my other 2 get hives from the carseat strap material... they are really thin and scrunch up just fine. I always make sure the harness is adjusted to fit the baby without before putting them on. Wendy checked them and said it was ok given the rash issues.

Chely7425

Also, for anyone who ever finds themselves needing to do this 3 across in a Liberty... the Keyfit works SO much better than the SR35 but I couldn't justify buying a new infant seat when we have a good one that does fit and this is most likely our last baby. The MyRide also fits AMAZINGLY well center... like it can be at a newborn recline and doesn't touch the Radians....

Kat_Shoshin

The seat didn't come with factory covers and my other 2 get hives from the carseat strap material... they are really thin and scrunch up just fine. I always make sure the harness is adjusted to fit the baby without before putting them on. Wendy checked them and said it was ok given the rash issues.

I am not saying don't use anything - but I had those cute animal covers and they were REALLY thick - I ended up not using them and this was before I really knew anything! Could you maybe try making something that would be a single layer? Some have had luck with cutting the toe off of a baby sock and sliding it onto the strap when changing harness height... :eek:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
They're not the thick ones. They're like a washcloth. They're very thin, and they do squish and compress so she'll be able to tighten the harness down properly without compression issues.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC