The turbo fits him better than the parkway SG. Blah.

a_js

I had a huge bug in my ear to get DS a PWSG because I wanted him in something with good SIP, as we don't have side airbags, and I liked the SG clip (do you think I could use any more acronyms there?) So I did. We preordered the Maui Blue. And now that we've used it for a few months.. I can honestly say the Turbobooster fits him better and works better in our car. :eek: and :mad: Why couldn't I just leave well enough alone? I think the PWSG will work well when he gets a little taller, but I'm thinking I'm going to move him back to the Turbo for now. I feel like a dork.

Problem is: The lap belt seems fine, but the shoulder belt (on the pwsg) tends to not retract smoothly and doesn't pull back in as well as I would like after he's leaned forward. I think it's more the shape of the belt guides than anything, our car (2004 Matrix) has seatbelts that are set high up on the wall of the car and the belt gets hung up easily in narrowish belt guides. We had similar issues with the Vivo in my car. So, I'm feeling like a really good belt fit is the most important factor and the SG clip is not quite as important. Does that sound like good logic?

Anyway, I'm mostly just :rolleyes: at myself. Next time I'm not going to fix what isn't broken. DH is mocking me heavily, as a bonus :eek:

ADS

Splash

Horrible fit on my five year old. My one year old, on the other hand, fits perfectly. Go figure.
The turbo is a great booster, don't feel like you've got something unsafe. It's an all around winner and I've never met a kid that didn't fit well.

mlohry

We have a TB for ODS and we are booster training our middle son in the TB when brother is not in the van and I really like my MDS in the TB a lot, fit him great. Because he is used to a 5 pt harness I thought he might like the PWSG better, so I tried one out at BRU, and it was a no go here too, I totally did not like how it fit him and if the SG would not have been there, it would have completely him in the belly. Not sure what we are going to do yet, but so far the TB is route to go. I am going to try him in a Recaro this week just out of curiousity, but the store that carries those is a further drive. My boys are very skinny and average ht, not sure if that is the factor here or not.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well, you can try some of the other boosters that often fit small riders well and have deeper head wings than the Turbo-- like the Cybex X-Fit, Recaro Vivo (or possibly the ProBooster, that fits small riders almost as well, doesn't it?), or maybe the Clek Oobr...

Or, you could just stick with the Turbo and leave well enough alone. ;) My daughter rides in a Turbo for now and that's fine by me.

babyherder

Honestly, I'm not sure what Britax was trying to do with the PWSG. I've never seen a kid where the PWSG fit better or even as good as the TB. I'm sure there's one out there and I don't see anything wrong with the PW for kids that it does fit. But I kind of feel like the TB fits almost all kids well and companies keep trying new, improved boosters and are failing miserably.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
From what I've seen, fit in the PWSG is as good as the Turbo in some cars-- and much worse in others. It seems like it's much more dependent on belt geometry, whereas the Turbo tends to be good no matter what's going on with the belt in most cases.

a_js

From what I've seen, fit in the PWSG is as good as the Turbo in some cars-- and much worse in others. It seems like it's much more dependent on belt geometry, whereas the Turbo tends to be good no matter what's going on with the belt in most cases.

I totally agree. I've used it in a different car and it's much better (the PWSG). But the Turbo seems to do well regardless.

I'm leaving well enough alone for now. However, I have a plan to get something latchable when dh stops making fun of me, because I'm horrible about buckling boosters in when no one's in them.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Honestly, I'm not sure what Britax was trying to do with the PWSG. I've never seen a kid where the PWSG fit better or even as good as the TB. I'm sure there's one out there and I don't see anything wrong with the PW for kids that it does fit. But I kind of feel like the TB fits almost all kids well and companies keep trying new, improved boosters and are failing miserably.

Heh, the Turbo is a blatant copy of the Britax Starriser Comfy, and that fit most kids well, too (but the Turbo was cheaper and easier to adjust the height, but not as seat-deep or as back-tall)... Maybe Britax should just go back to it's roots :whistle:

a_js

I never used the SRC, but it looks really similar. I wonder why Britax discontinued it if people seemed to like it so well. Doesn't make any sense.

I'm finding with a high-set seatbelt, belt geometry and belt guide shape are more important than I'd have believed possible. And it's annoying, but the only thing to do (besides a new car--ha, I wish) is try each one out and see how it goes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC