Awful story--3 abandoned babies, 11 months apart

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
wtf is wrong with people?

who would do this? how can people not know????????

i cried when reading this. how sad for those poor babies.

tl01

That is both sad and disgusting! I can't stand to hear about anything like that happening to a baby ... let alone 3 that are likely from the same mother... it's just not acceptable!

djma

That is so frustrating! I just don't understand how you could take the time to leave them in a truck or in a park, but can't take the time to find a Fire station, police station, hospital, someone's doorstep that you know is home???:shrug-shoulders: Come on!

My heart breaks for those poor babies!

Stresch

My heart also breaks for the mother of them. Can you imagine what her life must be like that she viewed abandoning her newborns like that as her best option?

tl01

I'm not so worried about the mom... especially if she has really done this three times! That's just horrible and irresponsible in the worst possible way! She deserved to feel badly about her decision.

Stresch

I would just guess that this woman's life must be miserable. Not, "I feel bad", but honest to God, wretched. I'm sure she's poor, possibly addicted and/or prostituted, probably abused. She clearly has no access to medical care. And who knows how old she is: 14? 25? 40?

The first two babies had the same father. I doubt he didn't know about the first, if he was around enough to help conceive the second.

I'm not saying that what happened to the babies isn't heartbreaking. It is. But it also scares me that an adult (presumably, but not necessarily) woman in this country would be in such wretched conditions that she would get pregnant 3 times in 3 years, give birth without any medical help, and think her best/only option was to leave the newborn infant outside where hopefully someone would find them.

What kind of society are we that we can let people fall so far through the cracks?

arly1983

You see, I hate to start a fight, but I feel like that people get a lot of chances for help in this country. I mean, there were three drop off points right in that area. She could have left the infants in an open church in a pew. She could have put it on someones doorstep and rang the doorbell. There were a lot of options in this case. There is like like a 0.00000000001 chance that this is a truely one of those "she couldn't help it situations" I was so mad when people were defending that woman who drowned her four-five kids. There is NO excuse.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
California, like most states, allows for children to be dropped at hospitals, police stations, etc.

Heck, here, I could legally abandon a baby at JCPenney's. At Penneys!!!

There is NO excuse.

1 baby, stupidity.

3 babies, EVIL.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
You see, I hate to start a fight, but I feel like that people get a lot of chances for help in this country. I mean, there were three drop off points right in that area. She could have left the infants in an open church in a pew. She could have put it on someones doorstep and rang the doorbell. There were a lot of options in this case. There is like like a 0.00000000001 chance that this is a truely one of those "she couldn't help it situations" I was so mad when people were defending that woman who drowned her four-five kids. There is NO excuse.

ITA.. Though I'm sure she was scared to death and had no idea what to do after the first one.. The other 2, well, NO EXCUSE for that! And there are tons of ways for people to get help....

I knew a girl in high school who was pg and no one, not even her BOYFRIEND, knew until right before the baby was born. Sad.... Shows how little people pay attention to each other, huh?

momof2kiddos

I honestly don't understand people.:confused: She could of kept them safe and dropped them off at a fire department.I personally think she should be left out in the cold and freeze to death,maybe then she would feel sorrow for what she did.:mad:

I can't stand how this world is....

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, maybe I am mean, but sterilization should be ok! There are so many things she could have done, rather than dump the babies. Being a firefighter, we go through training about what to do if a baby is brought to the fire station. My gosh, birth control is everywhere! The chances of her being raped and getting pregnant 3 times is slim. Sorry, I feel horrible for the babies, but atleast they aren't with her!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC