3-across in a Caliber?

Aurezalia

I need help with some ideas for a friend! She just found out she's expecting #3 in May and will now have to be doing 3-across in her Caliber.
They have a son who's about to turn four and is VERY large for his age -easily the size of a five year old. Their daughter is 1 1/2 and average/small for her age - maybe 25 pounds tops, not particularly tall. They're both in Scenera's, which I'm sure their son has well outgrown. I'm trying to help them pick seats to fit in their car.
I was thinking they may be able to fit a Maestro, Scenera, and infant seat (Either KF or CCO?) across, but I'm not sure how wide the Caliber is. And I also don't think their son will fit in the Maestro by weight very long, so I'd prefer to see him in the Nautilus.
So then I thought Nautilus, a Radian that I could lend them, and either KF or CCO. I'm not sure how well these would all puzzle together.
Any ideas on what seats would puzzle well for these kids in this car? They also don't have a large budget.

ADS

kidnurse

I have an 08 Caliber and these are the 3 acrosses I have tried, and had checked by a tech.

from driver's side to passenger's side

FF - radian, RF - CA, RF - radian
FF - radian, RF - CA, RF - SR32
RF - CCO, RF - CA, + either of the above

I have never tried my scenera in a 3 across, I am told it does not play well with others.

Aurezalia

I have an 08 Caliber and these are the 3 acrosses I have tried, and had checked by a tech.

from driver's side to passenger's side

FF - radian, RF - CA, RF - radian
FF - radian, RF - CA, RF - SR32
RF - CCO, RF - CA, + either of the above

I have never tried my scenera in a 3 across, I am told it does not play well with others.

Ok, thanks! That helps a ton! Do you think it would puzzle as well if we had the CA FF and the Radian RF? Do you think it's possible a Nauti would fit at all? (Any know what a Nauti puzzles well with?)

kidnurse

It may puzzle FF with a RF radian. A rf radian does best behind the passengers side, and it is really helpful if noone ever sits there. :( Just an fyi on installing the RF radian - it toook a lot of practice to get it in well. I highly doubt a Nauti would work in a Caliber as part of a 3 across, but I have never tried. It is a very small back seat.

If I have some time tomorrow I will try the FF CA and RF radian.

glockchick

When sitting in the seats in the store (not installed obviously) my kids had the same amount of harness height left in the CA as the GN.

What about a CA 65 for the 4 year old?

Aurezalia

When sitting in the seats in the store (not installed obviously) my kids had the same amount of harness height left in the CA as the GN.

What about a CA 65 for the 4 year old?

That's what I'm thinking now, since it's been reported it puzzles well. :thumbsup:

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Is the CA65 out yet? She said the 4yo is in a Scenera that is outgrown now so needs a new seat like yesterday.

I wasn't aware that the 65 was available yet. If it is, GREAT! That would be perfect! I guess if not, can they get the CA50 and pass it to the baby later on and get the 65 when it is out?

Aurezalia

Is the CA65 out yet? She said the 4yo is in a Scenera that is outgrown now so needs a new seat like yesterday.

I wasn't aware that the 65 was available yet. If it is, GREAT! That would be perfect! I guess if not, can they get the CA50 and pass it to the baby later on and get the 65 when it is out?

BRU has released 1 model of the CA65. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC