Maxi-Cosi Seats

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I just saw that elitecarseats.com has the new Maxi-Cosi seats on backorder. They look really cool but are they good seats?

Infant:
http://elitecarseats.com/Maxi-Cosi-Mico.pro

Convertible:
http://elitecarseats.com/Maxi-Cosi-Priori.pro

Booster:
http://elitecarseats.com/Maxi-Cosi-Rodi.pro

Oooooh wow!!!! Yes, they are nice nice nice nice nice, even if they ARE a division of Dorel (uh...just noticing your seat, lol... what I mean is, they are SOLID and incredibly well built, not that sort of flimsy feel that Cosco seats have, KWIM? You'd never guess it was the same company). They had a FF 20-40 seat here a couple years back and it was at least as nice as any Britax, and everyone's always wanting to illegally use the infant seats here from Europe ;)

gwenvet

We had a Maxi Cosi that I got secondhand from a garage sale before I knew better, but we LOVED it!!! I wouldn't get one unless they harnessed to 65lbs though. I would love to see what people think about the boosters though compared to the Britax.

Brycen'sMommy

Wow, they sound like really nice seats. I agree that they would be even better if they harnessed to 65 lbs.
I definitely know what you mean about the flimsy feel of Cosco seats:rolleyes:

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Oooh, the orange and blue is hot! :cool!:

I have no need for a harnessed seat to 40 lbs though... I need HWH seats.

:blah blah blah:

I am so totally loving the new smileys. :love:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Did elitecarseats have a weight listed? I'm almost positive I remember they told us about it at lifesavers and the new one is RF to 35 and FF to 50 or 60... Ugh... why don't I take notes??? I hope someone can chime in, because I seriously decided to look at this seat instead of a Britax, and I wouldn't have if it were only to 40.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
oh i have been searching and searching for a seat w/ out the chest clip i HATE it, allie HATES it, but we just can't give up $200 for seat that only harness to 40lbs... :(

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
oh i have been searching and searching for a seat w/ out the chest clip i HATE it, allie HATES it, but we just can't give up $200 for seat that only harness to 40lbs... :(

That's probably an EU picture, I'm positive anything for the US market will have a chest clip :sorry!:

Maybe I was confusing it with the Triumph going to 50... but we can hope Elite is just wrong, right? lol.

Morganthe

That's probably an EU picture, I'm positive anything for the US market will have a chest clip :sorry!:

Maybe I was confusing it with the Triumph going to 50... but we can hope Elite is just wrong, right? lol.

They're just using an EU picture since the shown model is the more recent version of my Priori with a fancier cover. The lever on the front side tightens down the 3pt seatbelt that slips between the base & the seat. There is no way the pictured version will work rear facing as the website claims. :shrug-shoulders: The design is all wrong :question:
So either Maxi-Cosi coming out with a completely new carseat or the website description is incorrect. :sorry!:

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

Darn, it really is only 40 FF...but 35 RF is pretty cool anyway :)

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

We had a Maxi Cosi Priori that was made by Dorel and it was a forward facing only seat. It was for 20 to 40 pounds. Lyndsey used it for a while before we got a Marathon. She's 8 yrs old so that was a while ago. Are they sure it will be a convertible?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC