Wizards!

mamamia

Hi All-you know I was depressed that my girls didn't like the Wizard. I went to TRU to get 2 MAs today. They were out of stock so I wound up at BRU next door. BRU now stocks the Wizard in Window pane fabric. I decided to sit my 3 year old in it, and she loved it. So, here I am $500 poorer with 2 new Wizards. I tried the baby out and she loves it too. What's changed? Britax took to heart all the negative comments and is now manufacturing them without the comfort foam on the side of the head rest, so there is the extra 1.5 inches of room. It made all the difference in the wordl!

ADS

mamamia

hmm...how do I do the picture thing? I wish I could just post one here. They do look cute! The advantage to the Wizard with my 3 year old is she loves to listen to the wireless headphones that came with the minivan. They aren't made for people that small, and they slip off. Today she put them on and the head support held them in place :D

Seriously though I am so happy to have procrastinated so long. I really wanted them in Wizards, and it has taken a few months to resign myself to the fact that the MAs would have to do. The best thing is DH took one look at them and thought they were the best things he had ever seen (he is not a fanatic like me, and really dislikes that apparently defective RA we've been using the last few weeks.) He wasn't even suprised by the price. Of course he needs a new motorcycle helmet, and the good ones are $300-$500 so the car seats seem like a bargain to him! Yes, I think he should sell the bike, but that is a whole separate story...

Julie-don't go look at the new version because with your addiction to Britax seats you too will end up with one...of course you could raise money by selling the Fido MA on Ebay;)

mamamia

Check out Ebay-you won't belive what people pay for OLD (read that as NOT LIKE NEW!) Britax seats. RAs in not so great condition from 1998/99 are going for $80-$100! Sell your old seats and use the cash for the Wizard fund!

bazanna

Senior Community Member
I know, I know.......I just don't want to add to the hype of getting a nice seat cheap, used...from someone you don't know. Know what I mean? ;)

Besides, both Britaxes that I currently own are in use. My other seats in the collection wouldn't sell. LOL! If I was really desperate, I could put ds in the Century Breverra while I sold his Advantage but I don't want to forward face him just for that...and I think my sister has her eyes on the Advantage for her grandson. :)

mamamia

but the Wizards are so nice! My favorite feature aside from the extra protection is that harness adjuster knob, which you have on your Advantage.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Photos

I can temporarily host carseat photos for members here at car-seat.org. Just send them to me in an email and I will send you the link.

bazanna

Senior Community Member
I do like the rolling headrest. Although with ds at 21 months now, the need for it just doesn't seem as important. He's not a squishy baby anymore. I do like the SI protections. Since Britax raised the rearfacing height limits on the convertibles, we can keep using the Advantage a bit longer. I'll probably pony up and get a Wizard....just have to wait for the right sale LOL!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's true...the prices on the Marathon dropped so far down, and already the WZ is only $249 at babycatalog...by the time his advantage is outgrown they might be darn near reasonable :)

mamamia

I sat my 5 year old, 45 inch, 48 lb nephew in the Wizard, and he fits great. His head is right at the top of the shell. He has a stocky build, so I can't imagine him fitting in at 65 lbs (plus he'd probably be too tall anyway). Seeing him fit in it so well makes me even more sure that it was the right seat for both my long, lean girls :)

Bazanna-your long skinny guy would fit so nicely in it too!!:D as would Julie's DD :D

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL...I know! I measured her the other day, and she's 75th percentile for height and 25th for weight (if i could read the chart right, that is, but it DOES seem reasonable, given the other kids I see at DS's pre/school...she DOES look long and lean).
Maybe the Wizard can be my reward for passing the CPS class I'm taking this week and next ;) (yup, I got in!)

mamamia

Haven't seen Julie....

I guess she is out celebrating her tech status...

Just wanted to say I really like the Wizards. DH really likes them too. He was concerned after the RA experience, but I think the problem was my friend took such bad care of the straps that after being fithly for 2 years they lost all their ridigity which should have made them twist resistent.

Ok-the Wizard. The girls really like them. I have decided I like the rubber HUGS things. It took a couple weeks to get used to them, but now they stay in place and I don't have to adjust them every time I load the kids-and my oldest doesn't try to move the chest clip.

The baby especially loves the seat-she literally leaps into it and almost always promptly falls asleep. It is easily the easiest seat to tighten RF. With the FPSE, RA and Smart Move I always had to pull the straps in the back of the seat, but with the Wizard I give it a pull and it is tight. It does have that tiny release after it is tightened like the FPSE.

What I love is my 3 year old can buckle herself, tighten the straps, and unbuckle herself when we get to where we are going which always saves a few minutes. Of course she unbuckled herself the other day as we pulled into the driveway and by the time I stopped she was walking to the third row to unbuckle her dolls....

S0 while I do not know they are safer in the seats than anything else, they do both sit outboard and peace of mind is priceless. Side airbags or not, I don't think we can yet do enough to protect individuals in side impacts.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC