New safety 1st Rumi

Polola0628

Is it just me, or does this seat look super vintage?

If I walked past a parked car with this seat in it I'd swear it was an early 90's seat (except for the headwings, lol).

Just a strange print and weird that they decided to make the plastic white.

Here's the BRU listing in case some other stores carry a different version..
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4232165

It's bugly (big n' ugly) hehe.

Last edited:
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The one they had at KIM, was right across from the Oobr at the Clek booth, and I thought they looked pretty neato together. :duck:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
There was an ad for it in Baby Talk this month. I agree, it looks like an airplane seat. Can't wait to play with it.

Evolily

I like it too. I think when we see real world pictures it will start to grow on people. It reminds me a lot of the nautilus and the maestro in design, and also like they took a few hints from clek's playbook.

In general car seats look strange... they try to throw some good design and a pretty cover over top of their strange appearance, but when it comes down to it, they aren't fashion objects as much as they things to keep kids safe. As it should be :) .

Wiggles

It's the white plastic that bothers me, makes it look 'old' to me. Maybe I'm missing a seat, but I can't think of a single white plastic seat on the market today except this one. But my carseats (late 80s to early 90s) and my sister's carseats (mid-late 90s) were all white plastic. And the plastic yellowed. Which bugged me. It may have been due to my parents smoking in the car, but still... I don't like the white plastic!

christineka

It's the white plastic that bothers me, makes it look 'old' to me. Maybe I'm missing a seat, but I can't think of a single white plastic seat on the market today except this one. But my carseats (late 80s to early 90s) and my sister's carseats (mid-late 90s) were all white plastic. And the plastic yellowed. Which bugged me. It may have been due to my parents smoking in the car, but still... I don't like the white plastic!

The "classic" series britax convertibles are white. The clek seats are white. They are boosters, but rumor says they'll come out with a harnessed seat soon. It may be white as well.

Wiggles

The "classic" series britax convertibles are white. The clek seats are white. They are boosters, but rumor says they'll come out with a harnessed seat soon. It may be white as well.

I don't really pay attention to the clek seats, so that explains that (cause they're boosters and boosters don't interest me much). And the 'classic' britax, I get totally distracted by the pretty covers. Even with you TELLING me that they're white, my brain goes "No... They're pink and blue and pretty!"

Either way, it feels very weird to see a newly introduced seat that's white.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Not just rumor on the Clek, FYI. We were solemnly PROMISED that their harnessed seat WILL be released by the end of next year. If it's not released by Dec. 31, 2011, I have Jason's permission to hunt him down and disembowel him.

jujumum

Maybe they're not designing these for mom appeal. My DH just saw the 360 view with me and said

"Open the pod bay door, Hal".

He likes the retro 70's sci-fi flavor. Me,too.:D

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Like airplane bulkhead seating...I wonder if there's a little metal flip-plate ashtray in that armrest? (Oh dear, I'm so old, I remember that :p). Ok, an auxiliary audio jack on it would be nifty, maybe a recline button, lol.

I'm sure it's the picture not doing much for the cover or the appearance, it's gotta be better IRL, it's just gotta.

skylinphoto

Totally looks like a seat from the late 80's early 90's. lol.
The pattern, the armrests, the color of plastic, all look like an older seat to me.

Cool that it harnesses to 65lbs though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC