Question 3 car seats in Buick Enclave

H

Hannah

Hello,
We are seriously considering purchasing a used 2009 or 2010 Enclave to accommodate our growing family (7 seater...so 2 captains chairs in the 2nd row). We have a 2 year old and twins on the way. Does anyone have experience with 2 infant carriers and 1 forward facing convertible car seat? Specifically we have a Britax Marathon and 2 Graco Snugride infant carriers (still new in box so can be returned). Here are my specific questions:

1 - where/ how should I place them in the car (Gracos in each of the captains chairs (LATCH) and Marathon in the center of the 3rd row (anchor and seat belt installation))? Will this combination of seats fit?
2 - has anyone put 2 convertible seats in the 3rd row? If yes, are they on the sides and only secured by the seat belts or do you anchor them to the center anchor? Sometimes I take a friend and her 2 year old daughter along with us.
3 - I'm not opposed to returning the Gracos and buying something that is safe but a better fit. I'd also purchase a new convertible seat if that is the safest option...safety come first!! What seats would some of you recommend for the Enclave?

Many thanks! Getting a car has never been so stressful!

ADS

MomToEliEm

From looking through an older post regarding the enclave, it appears that the Enclave only has a limited number of tether anchors on that third row (only in the center) and no latch anchors in that row. If you are wanting to install a forward facing seat not in the center position, it would have to be untethered which really isn't recommended.

For seating arrangements, I would probably do do the two infant seats in the back and the marathon in the front utilizing the second row tether. This will leave the other 2nd row seat free for your friend's child.

How much does your 2 year old weigh? If the child is still under the rearfacing weight limit on the seat, moving that seat rearfacing might give a few more seating options.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC