Graco SafeSeat 32 CMVSS STicker

milkies

Ok so I have gotten this seat from a cousin and know it's history and know that it has been well cared for. Apparently the CMVSS sticker has disappeared. On the warning sticker it still states that it complies witht the Canada Safety but the other sticker is missing. Am I allowed to use this seat still? I am positive it is a canadian seat. My seat expires in Dec and baby is due one mth today so I need to figure this out.

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
While the seat is probably not structurally unsafe, it no longer complies with standards AND it's technically missing a part. You need to call Graco and ask them what you're to do/what they're going to do for you..then post back and let us know what they're doing to resolve your problem! :)

-Nicole.

amyd

I would not be at all pleased with that "offer". Those stickers are supposed to be permanently affixed to the seats for the life of the seat. $60 towards a seat that costs almost $200 to replace is not really a deal. Snugride 32s have only been out since when, 2008? Did you tell them you got it second hand? I wonder if that's why they didn't offer more. Perhaps have your cousin call as the original owner of the seat and see what she is offered. Graco has replaced Safeseats because of stickers falling off.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Uhmmm..tell them they can send you a replacement seat that *is* in compliance, but because your base is fine they don't need to send you a base. :)

-N.

milkies

It is a safeseat 32 and it was my cousin who has been in contact with them not myself since yes she is the original owner. I am stuck and don't know what to do. I also agree that $60 is nothing for that seat since there are 2 years left on it and it is their fault these stickers are falling off.
I guess I will try calling in myself and see if I can get somewhere with this.

amyd

There is no such seat as a Safeseat 32. If it only has two years left on it, it must be a Safeseat (30lb limit), as the 32lb limit Graco infant seats weren't made until 2008. What colour is the cover on it?

milkies

Yup sorry you're right it is a Safe Seat 30 not 32. So do you really think I should be able to get a whole new seat. i was thinking the same thing but nto sure if they would go for this.

ninejr

We had this issue, they sent us a new shell, then we had to take the cover off the current seat and put it on the new one and mail the old one back in the same box. The box came with return postage paid.

milkies

I called and spoke to a rep today and no problem they are going to send us a new shell!! Thanks so much for the help everyone!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC