Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Evenflo Symphony

Does anyone have one? Do you like it? I did a search in the reviews but didn't find any. Does it make a good booster once the harness is outgrown?
    Holly:
    Joey 12/9/99 in Backless Harmony Secure Comfort and backless TB
    Nicholas 3/21/05 Graco TurboBooster and Britax Parkway SGL
    Joshua 9/13/07 FF in a Maui Blue Frontier 85 and Graco Nautilus

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Evenflo Symphony

Here is a review on the original Symphony (not the 65lb version).
    http://carseatblog.com/?p=365

From this thread, it appears that the 65 and the 40lb seats are fairly similar with just a few structural changes to rate it to a higher weight limit.
    Katy

How old/big is the child who would ride in it? I have one that my 2 year old rides in rear-facing. I personally really like the seat, however, it's outgrown earlier than other convertibles. I've never tried it in booster mode myself, but it got a good rating in the recent IIHS booster ratings. Basically, for the price, you could get a longer lasting seat... I happened to win this in a Facebook contest, but fell in love with it for it's ease of use and comfort for my son. He was in a True Fit before, but his head would flop to the side a lot because it has a very wide interior. He seems happier in this seat.
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to
    Jessica 6.18.06 and Tyler 8.5.08
    Both riding in Frontier 85s

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiXMDV-1MVU"]YouTube - Evenflo Symphony 65 Convertible Car Seat[/ame]