Carseat osmosis

mytwobugs

Just wanted to share because you will understand and most people won't. My DH has always just gone along with what I say is safest for the kids as far a carseats. He never complains when I get new seats (I haven't gotten a lot so maybe that helps) and uses them as directed but never showed a lot of interest. I had gotten one of the Let's Go TB from Target clearance last month to start booster training DS1 since he will be 6 in Dec, 90% height, 47#, a rule follower and just started kindergarten. He rides in a GN in our cars, but I know there will be times he will need to carpool etc.
So this weekend I switched out the GN for the TB so he could use it on short trips around town when both of us were in the car to be able to keep a better eye out. Before we left on the first ride I was trying different headrest settings to see what fit best. DH pipes up with genuine concern in his voice "Are you really sure he is big enough to use that thing??" It was so cute because it was the first time I have heard him act concerned about my carseat choice and I think of all the unfortunate 3 year olds in boosters and he thinks a kid twice that size is too small. I guess he did pick up more than I thought from being around me.:D

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I had the same response from a friend. I met her when she was pg with her first. I was at her house for a B-day party and checked her seats. Two in g-ma's car were outgrown, so I got her boosters. She was all concerned that they wouldn't be safe.

ilo

Cute! DH is also not very interested about carseats, he knows I know more than enough for both of us. He does not really look at what other kids ride in so he thinks our 3 year old will be too young to FF when we'll move to Europe and she'll be over 3.5. I asked his opinion if we should get new RF seats in February and he said that he thinks FF does not look safe enough for his baby girl!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC