Heard that the maestro can be used w/o cupholders

christineka

Apparently someone elsewhere asked evenflo and they said it was okay. Perhaps someone here wants to confirm? This is good news for 3 across situations.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Who asked? Where did they get this information?

I'll go see if there's a contact on their tech website where I can confirm this.

ETA: I'm e-mailing now, if you have any more information it would be appreciated.

mytwobugs

If true it would also make it an even better seat for use on an airplane. Without the armrests it would probably fit through the scanner and the tray table would be usable.

BabyKaykes

I have a Maestro, and maybe I havent payed too much attention, but I dont think they're removable are they :confused:

This is what I was thinking....they're removable? :confused:

Oh, and I've never put a car seat though an airport scanner. I just wheel it around the metal detector then they run the wand over it.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
This is what I was thinking....they're removable? :confused:

Oh, and I've never put a car seat though an airport scanner. I just wheel it around the metal detector then they run the wand over it.

I'm surprised they let you do that. We've always run ours through the scanner and the strollers too!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm surprised they let you do that. We've always run ours through the scanner and the strollers too!

I think it depends on the airport... some have teeny scanner openings and it doesn't fit, so they have to wand it (every airport I've been to seems to have vastly different procedures about security, it's just one of those things, I guess).

Evenflo doesn't seem like the type of company that would allow removal of cosmetic add ons, so I suspect they'll say no to KQ's email, but, meh, they are cosmetic add ons :whistle:

Pixels

Like the armrests on the AOE?

I wouldn't remove them. Perhaps they actually are providing some structural reinforcement. I'm not the designer, and I didn't test the carseat.

christineka

Evenflo doesn't seem like the type of company that would allow removal of cosmetic add ons, so I suspect they'll say no to KQ's email, but, meh, they are cosmetic add ons :whistle:

:shrug-shoulders: I've seen ads on cl that claim they've gotten evenflo's approval to remove the cupholders from the chase.

The maestro info comes from another car seat board. The poster claimed she called evenflo and obtained permission as well as instructions on removing the armrests.

I neither have a maestro, nor have any plans to obtain one, so I really don't care about the arm rests. I just thought maybe someone here who cares might confirm this information. It could be useful for 3 across, perhaps even at check events since I know people often want to put three less expensive seats across.

jheimes

I would be interested in this info. If it is safe to remove the armrests, it may be worthwhile for our tight situation. I swore I saw the Maestro for 59.99 or 69.99 in Target the other day.

Last edited:

babyherder

Oops, meant arm rests. I'm getting all confudled between cupholder armrests and regular arm rests.

Thanks! That makes a lot more sense. I was about to feel really guilty for not using my seat correctly with other people's children! And then convince myself not to care since the cupholder is a plastic add on that's just the cupholder. I can't see why the armrests are needed but I kept those on.

soygurl

I'm guessing they'll say no. Not because the cupholders (not armrests!) are structuraly important, but because when you remove them from the Maestro, it leaves little holes, that a child could potentialy get a finger stuck in or something.
That said, if the cupholders were getting in the way of a tight 3 accross, I would be comfortable making a parental decison to remmove them (they're very easy to pop on and off, no tools required) and cover the holes with duct tape. :twocents:

mytwobugs

The tray table IS usable with the Maestro already.
We have taken ours on 2 international and 6 domestic flights and on all of them you could put the tray down but it was at enough of an angle that everything continually slid off forward. I did get a workout bending and twisting to pick up things up that slid off. I was just thinking that without the cupholders it would be flat and work much better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC