Where would you put them?

Ladybugmomma

ok into a 2008 Honda Odyssey, with the plus one seat.
15 year old,
12 year old,
8 yr old in monterey
5 yr old in marathon
newborn in 2005 snugride ( will go into a marathon 70 as soon as she fits)

ADS

NebraskaMom

Configuration #1:
-15 year old front passenger seat
-12 year old outboard 2nd row
-newborn outboard 2nd row
-8 & 5 year old's in the 3rd row, outboard positions

Configuration #2:
-newborn in the snugride (and later in the MA) in the plus one seat. You will need to use the lock-off though for this seating position.
-15 year old outboard 2nd row
-12 year old outboard 2nd row
-8 & 5 year old's in the 3rd row

I'm configuring the two middle kids in the 3rd row only because I'm assuming it is easier for them to climb into the back as opposed to the older kids. I'm also keeping the baby in the 2nd row for ease of install by you, especially during the winter weather (depending on where you live).

Ladybugmomma

15 yr old sits in the front, but we travel altogether alot so then I sit in the front and DH drives :)
Your second choice is what I want, but how would the girls ( 8 & 5) get into the back? I don't know I'd be able to move either of the captain seats with the snugride or MA70 in the plus one. That would be my ideal though.

NebraskaMom

When I've got the plus one seat installed in my van, I'm still able to move both 2nd row outboard seats. When I had a Snugride installed in that seating position, the driver's outboard was easier to move than the passenger, but it was still possible.

Have you tried the MA in the plus one yet to see how mobile the 2nd row seats are?

Ladybugmomma

hmm. I could move the one captain seat but not enough for anyone to get in the back and it kept bumping the infant seat. I didn't try the drivers side, or the MA70. I tried taking the arm rests off but there were still 2 little metal rods.
I will try again today.

Ladybugmomma

ok I tried the MA70. ( still huffing and puffing :) ) I could get a nice tight install on the plus one with the lock offs, which BTW took a little getting used to. However I still can't see how you could move wither of the captain seats :( Did you have the seat off centered? Therefore leaving more room on one side? The base fits fine but the sides of the seat still hang over past where the captain seat would come, and that's with the arm rests taken off.
Could you explain better to me or have pictures? I'm sorry, I feel like a moron, but I just don't see how it could fit and I REALLY would love it there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC