So the day came.....

horseymom

DS has been at 31lbs for a while now then jumped to 33lbs and was holding steady for the last 2 months but the other day after supper I weighed him and he was 34.2lbs. So I turned his TF:( I don't have the funds to get him a 40-45lbs seat right now and I know he's still safe but I really thought we would make it to his 4th birthday in Dec. So far the TF seems nice FF the agjustor is tough to tighten though (I just leave it adjusted) and that darn belly pad will not stay on now!
He was excited to see things "forwards" now, but he asks too many questions LOL "why are there lines on the road?" LOL I guess he couldn't see them RF. But he has also complained that he can't see b/c of the seat in front of him. So that shows you that RFinf kids can see way more!:thumbsup:

It was a tough week pre-school and turning him all in 3 days!:( Now I just need to find him a red rock FR cover so when the cowmoo comes in he can have DD FR. So keep reping me so I can get acsess to the swap! PLEASE :thumbsup:;)

oh, and get this! the next morning after I turned his seat I weighed him and he was 33lbs again:whistle: I am leaving him but talk about teasing your mommy.

ADS

simplychels

Hm, I would not have turned my kiddo :twocents:

34.2lbs is not 35lbs which is the limit right. You still had time to use it rf'ing if you so desired. I don't analyze my DD every single day to see if shes over the seats rf'ing limit. My DD is within 1-2lbs of her MAs rf'ing limit right now, but even at 1lb to go its still 1 more precious pound :D even at .5ounces to go its still .5 precious ounces. Especially since I don't want to turn her. I'd use it to its max, and wouldn't turn an ounce prior. But thats just me, I can understand why some people wouldn't feel comfortable getting that close to the weight limits. Plus I wouldn't be able to take an after supper weight all that seriously to begin with. I'd be reweighing in the morning just like you did

horseymom

But with winter clothing on (pants, fleece coat) he would be even closer to the 35lb limit. The TF is hard to instal RF in my truck so I can't be switching it back and forth.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC