Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Really dumb question-red tabs on evenflo straps

When I look at the EFTA pictures on web sites, there seem to be little red tabs on the shoulder straps (where the strap covers would go if there were any). What are they? Do they stay on when the seat is in use? I looked last time I was at Target to see if I could see an EFTA in person, but they were out.

Anyone? Thanks in advance
    Me & DH FF'ing in seatbelts
    DS 6/04 in a PWSG HBB
    DS 09/10 ERF in RA50

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Really dumb question-red tabs on evenflo straps

It's an infinite harness. You never have to readjust the straps. You just set the child in, put the straps over their shoulders, and it automatically adjusts to the correct height.

The red tabs simply say "Place at shoulder level" (which it will do for you when the child is buckled).
    "Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't." - Bill Nye