Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Because Rear Facing Is "Cool" :)

So I started a new job today with 4m old baby Peter, and 3yr old Izzy, and the first thing I did was show Izzy her new seat!
    A My Ride 65 in Prentis, Rear Facing, and she loved the green

She attempted to crawl in and needed a little help, but after that I adjusted the straps and buckled her in. The first thing she did was stretch out her legs and said she felt like "Daddy in his Big chair." (a recliner, lol).

As we are driving through the neighborhood, she remarks at how it's cool to see "backwards" and she wishes she could sit like this in Mommy's car.
    (On that note, her mom once told me it was her gift to her kids on their 1st birthday to turn them around I don't see that as a gift )

As we are driving back home from the store I notice her head is lower than it was originally and I realize she has fallen asleep!! It's a 10 min drive to the store and she had just woken up an hour ago!

All day she kept saying things about the RF seat and how "cool" it was that she was just like Peter, who is of course rear facing in a Graco SS1. Later on we took a half hour drive and she took a 2 hour nap in the seat, which has never happened with her in the car that I know of

Her stats are as follows: age 3 on Sept 18th, 38 inches tall, 14.5 in torso, and 30.5 lbs., she is on the 2nd from the top slots on the MR.

Just wanted to share!
    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sunshy9; 03-11-2011 at 03:06 PM.
    Retired Nanny

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Because Rear Facing Is "Cool" :)

How incredibly awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Your daughter (or is that your nanny child? ) is super cute, too!

I'm thinking she is your nanny child. Super cute! But, I must ask, did you ask the mother/father's permission to post her picture? A lot of parents don't approve of posting their childrens pictures.
    "Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't." - Bill Nye

She's about the same size as my turning 4 year old, lol. Sofi will be 4 Sept 21, is 31 pounds, 38 inches. Not sure on torso height, but looks to fit similar to Izzy
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

5. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by Mae View Post
    How incredibly awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Your daughter (or is that your nanny child? ) is super cute, too!

I'm thinking she is your nanny child. Super cute! But, I must ask, did you ask the mother/father's permission to post her picture? A lot of parents don't approve of posting their childrens pictures.

Thanks! She is one of the many kids I watch, her name is Isabelle in my siggy
    I did ask permission, she said yes. I always do because I'm also an amature Photographer, so I ALWAYS ask permission for photo sharing.
    Retired Nanny

CPS Fanatic

She is adorable! And I guess the seat is comfy!

8. Thank You from: